Salt and CFers question

shamrock

OK I know there is some association between salt and CF, but I've never really looked into what it is. SO:

I like to pile on the salt but have cut back lately. With this salty problem is it bad if we have too much salt intake with food or bad if we don't have enough? Thanks!

shamrock

OK I know there is some association between salt and CF, but I've never really looked into what it is. SO:

I like to pile on the salt but have cut back lately. With this salty problem is it bad if we have too much salt intake with food or bad if we don't have enough? Thanks!

shamrock

shamrock

shamrock

AnD

I found this:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://books.google.com/books?id=BGefk9zBqlgC&pg=PA202&lpg=PA202&dq=salt+blood+levels+and+cf&source=web&ots=YNbAnKmf0v&sig=TvhIaed35qZL2ohT8zkxOPTBauk">CFF book</a>

AnD

I found this:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://books.google.com/books?id=BGefk9zBqlgC&pg=PA202&lpg=PA202&dq=salt+blood+levels+and+cf&source=web&ots=YNbAnKmf0v&sig=TvhIaed35qZL2ohT8zkxOPTBauk">CFF book</a>

AnD

I found this:

AnD

I found this:

AnD

I found this:

mom2lillian

if anyone has any info related to those of us with negative or borderline sweat tests and salt I wold greatly appreciate it. Growing up I NEVER ate salt and hated it and did fine, as an adult after dx I still didnt add it but sicne about 2 years ago I did start adding it, I dont notice a change either way but hubby is concerned now that I am overdoing it.

mom2lillian

if anyone has any info related to those of us with negative or borderline sweat tests and salt I wold greatly appreciate it. Growing up I NEVER ate salt and hated it and did fine, as an adult after dx I still didnt add it but sicne about 2 years ago I did start adding it, I dont notice a change either way but hubby is concerned now that I am overdoing it.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

erock77

My mom, who was a nurse & eventually CF nurse, would push me to eat extra salt as a kid. Primarily in the summer if I was going to be sweating a lot. When we sweat we lose an inordinate amount of salt, so it's good to replenish in those cases.

erock77

My mom, who was a nurse & eventually CF nurse, would push me to eat extra salt as a kid. Primarily in the summer if I was going to be sweating a lot. When we sweat we lose an inordinate amount of salt, so it's good to replenish in those cases.

erock77

erock77

erock77