Salt for a newborn

petnurse

Hi everyone. I posted earlier with questions about how to get my baby to eat salt. He was refusing the bottles even when I spread the salt packet out into 8 bottles (which makes it bad when you waste breastmilk). I finally found something called the "Medibottle". It is a syringe inside of a baby bottle that mixes it and you push the syring. I did not think it would work, but he took the entire salt packet with his milk! I called the nutritionist and she asked that I do it in two feedings instead of on, but it works! So, I just thought I would share this info with anyone in need. It also is great for any of the medications your baby might be on that can be mixed with milk.

petnurse

Hi everyone. I posted earlier with questions about how to get my baby to eat salt. He was refusing the bottles even when I spread the salt packet out into 8 bottles (which makes it bad when you waste breastmilk). I finally found something called the "Medibottle". It is a syringe inside of a baby bottle that mixes it and you push the syring. I did not think it would work, but he took the entire salt packet with his milk! I called the nutritionist and she asked that I do it in two feedings instead of on, but it works! So, I just thought I would share this info with anyone in need. It also is great for any of the medications your baby might be on that can be mixed with milk.

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse

mom2cameron

wow ive never heard of this kind of bottle. i will check into it for meds my 4 month old has to take. he takes the salt just mixed in his bottles just fine. this kids has not ever spit out food. crazy little guy. he doesnt seem to notice the salt.

mom2cameron

wow ive never heard of this kind of bottle. i will check into it for meds my 4 month old has to take. he takes the salt just mixed in his bottles just fine. this kids has not ever spit out food. crazy little guy. he doesnt seem to notice the salt.

mom2cameron

mom2cameron

mom2cameron

petnurse

I bought mine at Walgreen's drugstore. Not sure if you have one where you are. They are also available on ebay and Amazon. They are $15...but sooo worth it!

petnurse

I bought mine at Walgreen's drugstore. Not sure if you have one where you are. They are also available on ebay and Amazon. They are $15...but sooo worth it!

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse