SCARED OF MY PSEUDOMONA CULTURE

KingJames

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>robert321</b></i>

Nearly everyone with cf will at some point or another culture pseudomonas. Its everywhere and almost impossible to avoid. Heck, it's in the tap water. It is linked to lowered lung function but your strain is non mucoid making it easier to treat than a mucoid strain. Its certainly not the end of the world. Cipro, Tobi, and a whole list of other drugs are effective against it.

It is very unlikely that you could spread a pseudomonas infection to a "normal" person. Its considered nonhazardous, which is why they don't worry about it being in the water. Taking a shower is likely to expose you to it.</end quote></div>

Pseudomonas is also present in the dirt, as it is in man-made snow.

KingJames

Nearly everyone with cf will at some point or another culture pseudomonas. Its everywhere and almost impossible to avoid. Heck, it's in the tap water. It is linked to lowered lung function but your strain is non mucoid making it easier to treat than a mucoid strain. Its certainly not the end of the world. Cipro, Tobi, and a whole list of other drugs are effective against it.

It is very unlikely that you could spread a pseudomonas infection to a "normal" person. Its considered nonhazardous, which is why they don't worry about it being in the water. Taking a shower is likely to expose you to it.</end quote>

Pseudomonas is also present in the dirt, as it is in man-made snow.

KingJames

<br />
<br />Nearly everyone with cf will at some point or another culture pseudomonas. Its everywhere and almost impossible to avoid. Heck, it's in the tap water. It is linked to lowered lung function but your strain is non mucoid making it easier to treat than a mucoid strain. Its certainly not the end of the world. Cipro, Tobi, and a whole list of other drugs are effective against it.
<br />
<br />It is very unlikely that you could spread a pseudomonas infection to a "normal" person. Its considered nonhazardous, which is why they don't worry about it being in the water. Taking a shower is likely to expose you to it.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Pseudomonas is also present in the dirt, as it is in man-made snow.
<br />

KibblesSezHi

wow...i remember when i got the news of pseudomonas...really sucked :/ i was out of school for a month or two or something of the like. all's i can really tell you is to do stuff that makes you happy...as bad as it is, for most CF people, its part of life. power through it... it always gets better :3

KibblesSezHi

wow...i remember when i got the news of pseudomonas...really sucked :/ i was out of school for a month or two or something of the like. all's i can really tell you is to do stuff that makes you happy...as bad as it is, for most CF people, its part of life. power through it... it always gets better :3

KibblesSezHi

A

Did any of you research inhaled glutathione My daughter had pseudamonus for along time did tobi alot and cipro alot did not work they deemed it chronic so I reasearched alot and found glutathione i brought the artciles to the doc who said no no no.... I called a compounding pharmacy and asked who gives it out.I called that doctor brought my daughter he swore it is safe I did it on myself alot to see and after 3 months and only $90 it has been gone... it did not get rid of her mrsa....any adivce did you or do you have what have the doctors tried

A

Did any of you research inhaled glutathione My daughter had pseudamonus for along time did tobi alot and cipro alot did not work they deemed it chronic so I reasearched alot and found glutathione i brought the artciles to the doc who said no no no.... I called a compounding pharmacy and asked who gives it out.I called that doctor brought my daughter he swore it is safe I did it on myself alot to see and after 3 months and only $90 it has been gone... it did not get rid of her mrsa....any adivce did you or do you have what have the doctors tried

A

G

giantsfan91

Don't sweat it Jared, I've cultured it ever since I can remember and it's really unavoidable to us cf'ers. Best thing you can do is not to slack on any of your breathing treatments and stay very active.

G

giantsfan91

Don't sweat it Jared, I've cultured it ever since I can remember and it's really unavoidable to us cf'ers. Best thing you can do is not to slack on any of your breathing treatments and stay very active.

G

giantsfan91

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Nonmucoid pseudomonas is supposedly easier to erradicate than mucoid pseudomonas. My son cultured it when he was 3 months old and was put on Tobi nebs. He didn't have symptoms either. I'm assuming your doctor is being proactive and has started you on meds. Just try to be aggressive in your cpt/vest treatments.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Nonmucoid pseudomonas is supposedly easier to erradicate than mucoid pseudomonas. My son cultured it when he was 3 months old and was put on Tobi nebs. He didn't have symptoms either. I'm assuming your doctor is being proactive and has started you on meds. Just try to be aggressive in your cpt/vest treatments.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

lelliellie

Hey, I got it when I was 11 too, and I know they tell you that you'll never be rid of it, but with IVs I haven't grown it for a year. My mates were fine about it all, and the teachers are always really helpful... Don't worry! x