school!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We had a doctor tell me that I should quit my job and stay home with DS when he was first diagnosed, no swimming lessons... Long list of Don'ts. And we figured eventually he's going to go to school, eventually he's going to be exposed to germs -- he's a normal kid, not bubble boy.

Sure I get concerned about germs, etc. -- there ALWAYS seems to be someone at a family event who shows up sick. We wash hands, I carry antibacterial wipes with me when we go to the store or finish gymnastics.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We had a doctor tell me that I should quit my job and stay home with DS when he was first diagnosed, no swimming lessons... Long list of Don'ts. And we figured eventually he's going to go to school, eventually he's going to be exposed to germs -- he's a normal kid, not bubble boy.

Sure I get concerned about germs, etc. -- there ALWAYS seems to be someone at a family event who shows up sick. We wash hands, I carry antibacterial wipes with me when we go to the store or finish gymnastics.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

sullihs

My son did go to 4 year old preschool and will be starting kindergarten this year. His doctor and pediatrician did recommend that he not go to the public K only because all of the kids in the city go to the same K. They thought it would be better for him not to go to a school with 500 other 5 & 6 year olds. I did not want to keep him home so we chose to send him to a smaller private K this year and then he will go to public school next year. Next year he will be a year older and better understand how important hygeine (hand washing, etc) is.

sullihs

My son did go to 4 year old preschool and will be starting kindergarten this year. His doctor and pediatrician did recommend that he not go to the public K only because all of the kids in the city go to the same K. They thought it would be better for him not to go to a school with 500 other 5 & 6 year olds. I did not want to keep him home so we chose to send him to a smaller private K this year and then he will go to public school next year. Next year he will be a year older and better understand how important hygeine (hand washing, etc) is.

sullihs

sullihs

sullihs