Secondary Insurance

Rudyrose

I don't think that it is against the law but you will DEFINATLY have a problem when the secondary insurance finds out they have been paying as the primary. Also when your husband completes his application to have your daughter covered he will have to list any other insurance and if he doesn't list it then if they find out they can deny all of your claims and completely invalidate their coverage possibly leaving you with lots of money to pay them back. Insurance companies are not in the business to pay out money and if they can find a way out of it they will.

Rudyrose

I don't think that it is against the law but you will DEFINATLY have a problem when the secondary insurance finds out they have been paying as the primary. Also when your husband completes his application to have your daughter covered he will have to list any other insurance and if he doesn't list it then if they find out they can deny all of your claims and completely invalidate their coverage possibly leaving you with lots of money to pay them back. Insurance companies are not in the business to pay out money and if they can find a way out of it they will.

Rudyrose

Rudyrose

Rudyrose

Alyssa

You will have to tell them -- even if you don't they will figure it out anyway -- insurance companies have access to data bases that show other coverage anyway, so there are no secrets :)

It will be for the two companies to decided who is primary and who is secondary, but if your husband is employed by Microsoft I'm betting their insurance will be primary, then the other company will be secondary. They refer to this process as "coordination of benefits"

I think all and all, you will benefit from carrying both plans.

Alyssa

You will have to tell them -- even if you don't they will figure it out anyway -- insurance companies have access to data bases that show other coverage anyway, so there are no secrets :)

It will be for the two companies to decided who is primary and who is secondary, but if your husband is employed by Microsoft I'm betting their insurance will be primary, then the other company will be secondary. They refer to this process as "coordination of benefits"

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa