sedation for a picc?

T

TonyaH

Hi everyone,
I have been posting on the adult thread about Andrew. It is most probable that we are going to be admitted tomorrow. I am wondering about a picc insertion for a 10 year old. In November he had the picc put in while he was under for the bronch. This time, will he still be put under? Will he be sedated? He is going to FLIP out if he is at all aware of what is going on. It would be so much easier on him if he is out cold.

What about your "tweens"?

T

TonyaH

Hi everyone,
I have been posting on the adult thread about Andrew. It is most probable that we are going to be admitted tomorrow. I am wondering about a picc insertion for a 10 year old. In November he had the picc put in while he was under for the bronch. This time, will he still be put under? Will he be sedated? He is going to FLIP out if he is at all aware of what is going on. It would be so much easier on him if he is out cold.

T

TonyaH

Hi everyone,

T

TonyaH

Hi everyone,

T

TonyaH

Hi everyone,
<br />I have been posting on the adult thread about Andrew. It is most probable that we are going to be admitted tomorrow. I am wondering about a picc insertion for a 10 year old. In November he had the picc put in while he was under for the bronch. This time, will he still be put under? Will he be sedated? He is going to FLIP out if he is at all aware of what is going on. It would be so much easier on him if he is out cold.
<br />
<br />What about your "tweens"?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Maggie was only 2 1/2 when she had her Picc placed. First they tried to place it while she was awake; they gave her some Ativan, they had everything, a TV a person blowing bubbles, anything pretty much Maggie wanted to distract her, problem was the nurse could not get it in. Eventually she had to be sedated; and have it placed by a doc under fluoroscopy. What did the doc suggest? I'm hoping for Andrew to get better soon.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Maggie was only 2 1/2 when she had her Picc placed. First they tried to place it while she was awake; they gave her some Ativan, they had everything, a TV a person blowing bubbles, anything pretty much Maggie wanted to distract her, problem was the nurse could not get it in. Eventually she had to be sedated; and have it placed by a doc under fluoroscopy. What did the doc suggest? I'm hoping for Andrew to get better soon.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

M

mneville

My son is three and a half and he is out under general sedation for a PICC insertion by a pediatric intensivist. Then they X-ray to make sure it's in the right spot. I think you could ask what the procedure will be beforehand. You could always request he be put under if you think that's best.

Megan, mom to Aidan CF and Gavin, no CF

M

mneville

My son is three and a half and he is out under general sedation for a PICC insertion by a pediatric intensivist. Then they X-ray to make sure it's in the right spot. I think you could ask what the procedure will be beforehand. You could always request he be put under if you think that's best.

M

mneville

M

mneville

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Megan, mom to Aidan CF and Gavin, no CF

T

Terry

Marissa had one last year when she had that ear infection. They put her under. We requested it, they didn't even try while she was awake. Marissa is VERY timid.

I am so sorry he is not feeling better. Our thoughts and prayers and with you and him.

Terry

T

Terry

Marissa had one last year when she had that ear infection. They put her under. We requested it, they didn't even try while she was awake. Marissa is VERY timid.

I am so sorry he is not feeling better. Our thoughts and prayers and with you and him.

Terry

T

Terry

Terry

T

Terry

Terry

T

Terry

<br />
<br />I am so sorry he is not feeling better. Our thoughts and prayers and with you and him.
<br />
<br />Terry