sedation for a picc?

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My older son Josh never had a problem with PICC insertion, even enjoyed watching. My younger son Jesse freaked out every time. We used ativan most of the time.

When Josh was so sick and dehydrated, they had a very difficult time with his PICCs. He had a few bad experiences with IV nurses as well. One nurse recommended Interventional Radiology for PICC placement. It was the best thing for Josh and I would recommend it to anyone. He has since had a port placed, but we will ask for IR for Jesse next time too.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My older son Josh never had a problem with PICC insertion, even enjoyed watching. My younger son Jesse freaked out every time. We used ativan most of the time.

When Josh was so sick and dehydrated, they had a very difficult time with his PICCs. He had a few bad experiences with IV nurses as well. One nurse recommended Interventional Radiology for PICC placement. It was the best thing for Josh and I would recommend it to anyone. He has since had a port placed, but we will ask for IR for Jesse next time too.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />When Josh was so sick and dehydrated, they had a very difficult time with his PICCs. He had a few bad experiences with IV nurses as well. One nurse recommended Interventional Radiology for PICC placement. It was the best thing for Josh and I would recommend it to anyone. He has since had a port placed, but we will ask for IR for Jesse next time too.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />