Severe Migraines

BaylorCrew07

I've had migraines before...the type where my vision gets blurry and I have to basically hide under a pillow and am completely useless for about a minimum of 6 hours.

However, for the past 6-8 months I've had a few SEVERE migraines...still got blurry vision, but then I was unable to read or speak (was slurring words and not making sense)...my hand went completely numb, dropped food on myself, then numbness moved up my arm to my face, tongue, etc.

Of course that is really scary, esp not being able to read or speak, so I had my friend drive me to the ER b/c I'm thinking I'm having a stroke or something. They said my CT scan came back normal. I saw a neurologist last week and am waiting for ins co to approve contrast MRI to see what's going on...has anyone else had these type of migraines??

BaylorCrew07

I've had migraines before...the type where my vision gets blurry and I have to basically hide under a pillow and am completely useless for about a minimum of 6 hours.

However, for the past 6-8 months I've had a few SEVERE migraines...still got blurry vision, but then I was unable to read or speak (was slurring words and not making sense)...my hand went completely numb, dropped food on myself, then numbness moved up my arm to my face, tongue, etc.

Of course that is really scary, esp not being able to read or speak, so I had my friend drive me to the ER b/c I'm thinking I'm having a stroke or something. They said my CT scan came back normal. I saw a neurologist last week and am waiting for ins co to approve contrast MRI to see what's going on...has anyone else had these type of migraines??

BaylorCrew07

BaylorCrew07

BaylorCrew07

<br />
<br />However, for the past 6-8 months I've had a few SEVERE migraines...still got blurry vision, but then I was unable to read or speak (was slurring words and not making sense)...my hand went completely numb, dropped food on myself, then numbness moved up my arm to my face, tongue, etc.
<br />
<br />Of course that is really scary, esp not being able to read or speak, so I had my friend drive me to the ER b/c I'm thinking I'm having a stroke or something. They said my CT scan came back normal. I saw a neurologist last week and am waiting for ins co to approve contrast MRI to see what's going on...has anyone else had these type of migraines??

C

Cherylwithone

Migraines run in my family. I have had them all my life.
My daughter who has CF started with them very young same with my son. We have never had the dumbness, slurring of speech etc. That is not classic of migraines.

Don't know if this will help but about 3 years ago I had your same symptons I thought I had a stroke. I found out
I had an infection that went to my head instead of my stomach which is where it should have gone. Now Iam prone
to this.

Doing the contrast is the smart way to go.

C

Cherylwithone

My daughter who has CF started with them very young same with my son. We have never had the dumbness, slurring of speech etc. That is not classic of migraines.

Don't know if this will help but about 3 years ago I had your same symptons I thought I had a stroke. I found out
I had an infection that went to my head instead of my stomach which is where it should have gone. Now Iam prone
to this.

C

Cherylwithone

to this.

C

Cherylwithone

to this.

C

Cherylwithone

<br />My daughter who has CF started with them very young same with my son. We have never had the dumbness, slurring of speech etc. That is not classic of migraines.
<br />
<br />Don't know if this will help but about 3 years ago I had your same symptons I thought I had a stroke. I found out
<br />I had an infection that went to my head instead of my stomach which is where it should have gone. Now Iam prone
<br />to this.
<br />
<br />Doing the contrast is the smart way to go.

Jana

I have similar problems with my migraines--messed-up vision, numbness, and inability to talk correctly. My speech isn't really slurred. It's just that I can't think straight to form sentences, and my tongue gets numb or something so that even what I do try to say doesn't come out right. It's a weird feeling.

At one point they did a CT scan and MRI to check, and everything came back normal except for sinus issues. I'm glad you're having it checked out and hope it won't turn out to be any new problems.

Jana

I have similar problems with my migraines--messed-up vision, numbness, and inability to talk correctly. My speech isn't really slurred. It's just that I can't think straight to form sentences, and my tongue gets numb or something so that even what I do try to say doesn't come out right. It's a weird feeling.

At one point they did a CT scan and MRI to check, and everything came back normal except for sinus issues. I'm glad you're having it checked out and hope it won't turn out to be any new problems.

Jana

Jana

Jana

<br />
<br />At one point they did a CT scan and MRI to check, and everything came back normal except for sinus issues. I'm glad you're having it checked out and hope it won't turn out to be any new problems.

minimedic304

I USED TO GET THEM ALOT, IT HAPPENED WHEN MY CO2 LEVELS WERE REALLY HIGH....USUALLY OCCURRED RIGHT BEFORE OR DURING A HOSPITALIZATION....MY DOCTORS AT THE TIME SAID THE LUNG INFECTION AND ALREADY DECREASED LUNG FUNCTION CAUSED THIS ALL TO HAPPEN...YOU SHOULD GET A ARTIAL BLOOD GAS DONE

minimedic304

I USED TO GET THEM ALOT, IT HAPPENED WHEN MY CO2 LEVELS WERE REALLY HIGH....USUALLY OCCURRED RIGHT BEFORE OR DURING A HOSPITALIZATION....MY DOCTORS AT THE TIME SAID THE LUNG INFECTION AND ALREADY DECREASED LUNG FUNCTION CAUSED THIS ALL TO HAPPEN...YOU SHOULD GET A ARTIAL BLOOD GAS DONE

minimedic304

minimedic304

minimedic304