Should I have more children?

Gnome

Well if I were to do child # 2 again I would of went through IVF. The reason I didn't was because nobody told me that was an option until 2 days after I learned I was pregnant. We sort of not trying to prevent getting pregnant and we got "lucky?" on one try.

Gnome

Well if I were to do child # 2 again I would of went through IVF. The reason I didn't was because nobody told me that was an option until 2 days after I learned I was pregnant. We sort of not trying to prevent getting pregnant and we got "lucky?" on one try.

Gnome

Gnome

Gnome

SARAHSARAH253

We are in the same place, as far as making plans to have more children. Our son was born with CF, and it was a complete shock to everyone. He is our 1st also, so now it's going to be much harder to decide what to do. My husband is ready now to try for another baby, and I'm scared as hell! I read more, and more everyday, and it's so complex. I wish it wasn't so hard. We looked into PGD, and it will cost us a little under 30,000. in our area. It is in an option, and a good one. However, I'm still not sure if it's right for us. I can't imagine not having more children though. I don't want my son to grow up with out sibilings, because of this disease...I don't want CF to win! I want him to have the support, like my husband and I do from his own brothers or sisters. I have wanted to post a topic like this for months...Thanks for asking others, because it's very much on my mind.

Thanks,

Sarah

Mommy to Johnny 11 months today w/cf

SARAHSARAH253

We are in the same place, as far as making plans to have more children. Our son was born with CF, and it was a complete shock to everyone. He is our 1st also, so now it's going to be much harder to decide what to do. My husband is ready now to try for another baby, and I'm scared as hell! I read more, and more everyday, and it's so complex. I wish it wasn't so hard. We looked into PGD, and it will cost us a little under 30,000. in our area. It is in an option, and a good one. However, I'm still not sure if it's right for us. I can't imagine not having more children though. I don't want my son to grow up with out sibilings, because of this disease...I don't want CF to win! I want him to have the support, like my husband and I do from his own brothers or sisters. I have wanted to post a topic like this for months...Thanks for asking others, because it's very much on my mind.

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

<br />
<br />Thanks,
<br />
<br />Sarah
<br />
<br />Mommy to Johnny 11 months today w/cf

W

welshwitch

hey........my parents rolled the dice after i was born in 1979 ( i have CF). In 1983 my little brother was born, no CF. They were ecstatic. But I would say that even if he had CF it would have been OK. I am extremely healthy and am loving life--what could be better than that?

W

welshwitch

hey........my parents rolled the dice after i was born in 1979 ( i have CF). In 1983 my little brother was born, no CF. They were ecstatic. But I would say that even if he had CF it would have been OK. I am extremely healthy and am loving life--what could be better than that?

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

M

Mommafirst

We were very lucky to have two children no-CF before our daughter was born. We knew we were done having kids before we knew that she had CF. So this agonizing decision wasn't an issue for us. We have thought and thought about it anyway. My husband and I decided that we could not knowingly create a child that had such a high chance of having this disease, but we could not terminate a pregnancy because of this disease. If my husband and I ever decide we have room in our life for more children, we would adopt.

I hope you can find peace in whatever you decide.

M

Mommafirst

We were very lucky to have two children no-CF before our daughter was born. We knew we were done having kids before we knew that she had CF. So this agonizing decision wasn't an issue for us. We have thought and thought about it anyway. My husband and I decided that we could not knowingly create a child that had such a high chance of having this disease, but we could not terminate a pregnancy because of this disease. If my husband and I ever decide we have room in our life for more children, we would adopt.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />I hope you can find peace in whatever you decide.