SIBLING TESTING?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
My son was sweat tested when we got the prenatal diagnosis of CF on my daughter. We were told his sweat test was negative and would not need genetic testing. However, I decided to get him screened for THe mutations that Maggie has because I could not let it rest til I knew he did not have CF, every cold, stomach ache I felt worried about the whatifs. Our pediatrician did order the genetic test on my son; even though he didn't think it was necessary. It was for my own well-being. BTW, my son is not even a carrier.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
My son was sweat tested when we got the prenatal diagnosis of CF on my daughter. We were told his sweat test was negative and would not need genetic testing. However, I decided to get him screened for THe mutations that Maggie has because I could not let it rest til I knew he did not have CF, every cold, stomach ache I felt worried about the whatifs. Our pediatrician did order the genetic test on my son; even though he didn't think it was necessary. It was for my own well-being. BTW, my son is not even a carrier.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Nicole

We found out that we were carriers when I was pregnant with our 3rd child. The CF docs recommended getting our older two kids tested right away even though they were showing no symptoms. We were given the option of doing a sweat test but went right for the genetic test instead. Insurance paid--no problems.

Nicole

We found out that we were carriers when I was pregnant with our 3rd child. The CF docs recommended getting our older two kids tested right away even though they were showing no symptoms. We were given the option of doing a sweat test but went right for the genetic test instead. Insurance paid--no problems.

Nicole

Nicole

Nicole

Pumpkinnut3

My daughter was diagnosed years before my sons came along and both of them were tested automaticly, both negative. With my second son I had a horrible feeling that the blood test was wrong (rare) and we took him in for a sweat test, which was also negative.

Pumpkinnut3

My daughter was diagnosed years before my sons came along and both of them were tested automaticly, both negative. With my second son I had a horrible feeling that the blood test was wrong (rare) and we took him in for a sweat test, which was also negative.

Pumpkinnut3

Pumpkinnut3

Pumpkinnut3