Side Effect from Sinus Surgery??

sunflower

Hi Aspiemom,

I had a lot of trouble with my sinus operation. I had operation in September and I could not taste, or swallow for over eight weeks. I had bleed out of my right nostril until January. This happened when I blew or wiped my nose. It has stopped now.
Smelling is strange, someone times I can smell things but other times I cannot.
I hope the weird feeling you have in your throat settles down for you soon. If not go and see your doctor.
I cannot do nasal rinsing anymore. I get a dreadful headache and a very strong pain across the bridge of my nose. The sinus pain has shifted since operation I get it across my nose and pain in my ear.
Hope all goes ok for you soon.
------------------
sunflower
37yrs old
dx's 33yrs old
Asthma, Bronchi, ABPA
Gallbladder removed 07, first sinus op 07
Cepacia but not cultured in a year.
alopecia aereta

sunflower

Hi Aspiemom,

I had a lot of trouble with my sinus operation. I had operation in September and I could not taste, or swallow for over eight weeks. I had bleed out of my right nostril until January. This happened when I blew or wiped my nose. It has stopped now.
I hope the weird feeling you have in your throat settles down for you soon. If not go and see your doctor.
I cannot do nasal rinsing anymore. I get a dreadful headache and a very strong pain across the bridge of my nose. The sinus pain has shifted since operation I get it across my nose and pain in my ear.
------------------
sunflower
37yrs old
dx's 33yrs old
Asthma, Bronchi, ABPA
alopecia aereta

sunflower

Hi Aspiemom,

------------------
sunflower
37yrs old
dx's 33yrs old
Asthma, Bronchi, ABPA
alopecia aereta

sunflower

Hi Aspiemom,

------------------
sunflower
37yrs old
dx's 33yrs old
Asthma, Bronchi, ABPA
alopecia aereta

sunflower

Hi Aspiemom,
<br />
<br />I had a lot of trouble with my sinus operation. I had operation in September and I could not taste, or swallow for over eight weeks. I had bleed out of my right nostril until January. This happened when I blew or wiped my nose. It has stopped now.
<br />Smelling is strange, someone times I can smell things but other times I cannot.
<br />I hope the weird feeling you have in your throat settles down for you soon. If not go and see your doctor.
<br />I cannot do nasal rinsing anymore. I get a dreadful headache and a very strong pain across the bridge of my nose. The sinus pain has shifted since operation I get it across my nose and pain in my ear.
<br />Hope all goes ok for you soon.
<br />------------------
<br />sunflower
<br />37yrs old
<br />dx's 33yrs old
<br />Asthma, Bronchi, ABPA
<br />Gallbladder removed 07, first sinus op 07
<br />Cepacia but not cultured in a year.
<br />alopecia aereta
<br />

lightNlife

I've had 2 sinus surgeries. One about 12 years ago and the other 2 years ago. I experienced temporary loss of my sense of taste and smell, which was quite bothersome at first. It did come back gradually, but I seem more prone to "taste fatigue" now. (Taste fatigue is when you get tired of a certain taste that used to really be your favorite.)

My sense of taste remains a bit dampened, but I've found a couple good things about it: 1) My nastiest meds like Sporonox and Ceftaz which used to make me gag don't anymore. 2) I can tolerate a WHOLE LOT of that hot mustard at Chinese restaurants. Since we eat Chinese so often, I eat a spoonful of the mustard to keep my sinuses clear!

I hope your problems aren't permanent.

Sometimes when a doctor prescribes antibiotics to be taken following surgery, the development of oral thrush could be the real problem behind a loss of or change in the ability to taste foods. It's best to stay away from foods that are one temperature extreme or the other for a short period of time, just in case your tongue is tender from the thrush.

lightNlife

I've had 2 sinus surgeries. One about 12 years ago and the other 2 years ago. I experienced temporary loss of my sense of taste and smell, which was quite bothersome at first. It did come back gradually, but I seem more prone to "taste fatigue" now. (Taste fatigue is when you get tired of a certain taste that used to really be your favorite.)

My sense of taste remains a bit dampened, but I've found a couple good things about it: 1) My nastiest meds like Sporonox and Ceftaz which used to make me gag don't anymore. 2) I can tolerate a WHOLE LOT of that hot mustard at Chinese restaurants. Since we eat Chinese so often, I eat a spoonful of the mustard to keep my sinuses clear!

Sometimes when a doctor prescribes antibiotics to be taken following surgery, the development of oral thrush could be the real problem behind a loss of or change in the ability to taste foods. It's best to stay away from foods that are one temperature extreme or the other for a short period of time, just in case your tongue is tender from the thrush.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

<br />
<br />My sense of taste remains a bit dampened, but I've found a couple good things about it: 1) My nastiest meds like Sporonox and Ceftaz which used to make me gag don't anymore. 2) I can tolerate a WHOLE LOT of that hot mustard at Chinese restaurants. Since we eat Chinese so often, I eat a spoonful of the mustard to keep my sinuses clear!
<br />
<br />I hope your problems aren't permanent.
<br />
<br />Sometimes when a doctor prescribes antibiotics to be taken following surgery, the development of oral thrush could be the real problem behind a loss of or change in the ability to taste foods. It's best to stay away from foods that are one temperature extreme or the other for a short period of time, just in case your tongue is tender from the thrush.

A

Aspiemom

Thanks for all of your responses. I got my taste and smell back after a few weeks. I still don't smell as much as I did years ago, but can still smell some things. My dry mouth is gone, also. Guess it was a temporary thing for me.

A

Aspiemom

Thanks for all of your responses. I got my taste and smell back after a few weeks. I still don't smell as much as I did years ago, but can still smell some things. My dry mouth is gone, also. Guess it was a temporary thing for me.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom