Sinus Flushes

JenNorthWest

Yes, you're probably right because it was after my surgery he advised me to use distilled....it is a little surprising though if there is an infection risk.

Back to boiling I go!

JenNorthWest

Yes, you're probably right because it was after my surgery he advised me to use distilled....it is a little surprising though if there is an infection risk.

Back to boiling I go!

coltsfan715

Amy - I never got the flow out of my other nostril until I started tilting my head - as Marjolein mentioned. As soon as I tilted my head to the side it started to flow easier and was not as uncomfortable.

Also with the Neilmed you may want to double check what kind of packets you are buying for the rinse. There are 3 different types. There is a hypertonic, isotonic and pediatric. The isotonic is not strong for me - though I can see how the hypertonic solution would be.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Amy - I never got the flow out of my other nostril until I started tilting my head - as Marjolein mentioned. As soon as I tilted my head to the side it started to flow easier and was not as uncomfortable.

Also with the Neilmed you may want to double check what kind of packets you are buying for the rinse. There are 3 different types. There is a hypertonic, isotonic and pediatric. The isotonic is not strong for me - though I can see how the hypertonic solution would be.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

becca23

I also find having the water to cold will hurt, so I microwave the water fo 15 seconds before irrigating and then shake it so there is not hot spots.

becca23

I also find having the water to cold will hurt, so I microwave the water fo 15 seconds before irrigating and then shake it so there is not hot spots.

becca23

becca23

becca23

becca23

Lilith

Wow, everyone gets these mixes...I do it the old fashioned way. Bottled water, two tablespoons kosher salt, one tablespoon baking soda, shake and serve. About 20cc's pernostril. Cleans my sinuses out very well, indeed.

Lilith

Wow, everyone gets these mixes...I do it the old fashioned way. Bottled water, two tablespoons kosher salt, one tablespoon baking soda, shake and serve. About 20cc's pernostril. Cleans my sinuses out very well, indeed.

Lilith

Lilith

Lilith

Lilith