Sinus Flushes

mom2lillian

I am also a fan of the neil med.

For anyone who uses neil med and has tried a neti pot which do you like better?

Amy-getting the water 'through' can also be affected by how you are breathing/holding your breath. My Neilmed came with instructions that explian it better than I can, do you still have them? I have also heard if you have alot in there that it can take a while of doing it before it comes through because it is slowly pushing all the junk to one side before it starts coming out so it might take a few days of consistenly doing it. Also must warm it as someone mentioned. I boil the distilled water and use it once it has cooled to jsut slightly warm or if it cools too much I nuke for 15-25 seconds.

mom2lillian

Amy-getting the water 'through' can also be affected by how you are breathing/holding your breath. My Neilmed came with instructions that explian it better than I can, do you still have them? I have also heard if you have alot in there that it can take a while of doing it before it comes through because it is slowly pushing all the junk to one side before it starts coming out so it might take a few days of consistenly doing it. Also must warm it as someone mentioned. I boil the distilled water and use it once it has cooled to jsut slightly warm or if it cools too much I nuke for 15-25 seconds.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

EnergyGal

This could have been an isolated incident- when I used the neil med hypertonic for nasal irrigation, I felt it affected my breathing. Once I stopped this solution, I stopped having breathing problems.

I receive six large bottles of sterile saline for irrigation from walgreens for only five dollars. I have a script for them. I also buy syringes and dispose of them after the day is over. I take off the needle and fill up the saline 5ml into each nostril each time and go through the process several times until I finish the mixture from the glass.

My advice to you all, try not to sniff in any of the mixtures. We do not know how it settles into the lungs. I cannot say for sure but I had a bad experience (do not feel like going into it) and on my xrays the damage was done to my upper airways.

The back pressure from sniffing in the saline can bring out the mucus but at the same time, I am not sure how safe it is. Use your own judgement.

I irrigate twice or three times daily. I recently heard (not sure if this is true) that using saline can keep the germs down. I am not referring to the removal of secretions but the action that the saline has is very beneficial. Maybe someone can look that up. I am going to start gargling with salt water.

Got to go and workout
Risa

EnergyGal

This could have been an isolated incident- when I used the neil med hypertonic for nasal irrigation, I felt it affected my breathing. Once I stopped this solution, I stopped having breathing problems.

I receive six large bottles of sterile saline for irrigation from walgreens for only five dollars. I have a script for them. I also buy syringes and dispose of them after the day is over. I take off the needle and fill up the saline 5ml into each nostril each time and go through the process several times until I finish the mixture from the glass.

My advice to you all, try not to sniff in any of the mixtures. We do not know how it settles into the lungs. I cannot say for sure but I had a bad experience (do not feel like going into it) and on my xrays the damage was done to my upper airways.

The back pressure from sniffing in the saline can bring out the mucus but at the same time, I am not sure how safe it is. Use your own judgement.

I irrigate twice or three times daily. I recently heard (not sure if this is true) that using saline can keep the germs down. I am not referring to the removal of secretions but the action that the saline has is very beneficial. Maybe someone can look that up. I am going to start gargling with salt water.

Got to go and workout
Risa

EnergyGal

Got to go and workout
Risa

EnergyGal

Got to go and workout
Risa

EnergyGal

Got to go and workout
Risa

EnergyGal

Got to go and workout
Risa