skin allergy test

M

Mommafirst

No its not about it turning red, its about it creating a raised mosquito like bump. If there is no allergy, it might get a bit red from irritation, but it won't form an allergic bump. It has to be raised for a positive result.

M

Mommafirst

No its not about it turning red, its about it creating a raised mosquito like bump. If there is no allergy, it might get a bit red from irritation, but it won't form an allergic bump. It has to be raised for a positive result.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

Nightwriter

Leah,

When they use the control(Histamine) to compare the redness. Positive is supposed to get red like a mosquito bite. Then they can compare how the other bumps look. They use a system to rate the redness. Slightly red 1 plus, through 4 plus. A 3 plus and 4 plus really is red and itchy, so it would be way more than just sensitive skin. The itchy part is also a clue.

JDPrecious,

I was thinking about you the other day when I was online, wondering if everything was okay because I hadn't seen you here in a while. I'm so glad that Jae is doing well. The delayed reaction is always a possibility -- like Valerie noticed. You didn't ask for advice, so I hope that you don't mind -- I don't know if you've read some of the recent posts about asthma, allergies, and chemical sensitivities. Just so that you know, even though someone tests negative to an allegen, it can still act as an allergy. This falls into an area called chemical sensitivity.

In other words, she may not be "allergic" to the dog, but if her FEV1 dropped when you got it, the dander is still an irritant to people who have CF being more sensitive than the average person. One of the things that I love about the parents on this site -- because you really know your children, you make connections between symptoms and triggers. Doctors frequently dismiss them.

All I am saying, is if she has FEV1 drop or sinus or respiratory issues, keep an eye out and don't automatically assume it's infection. Even if you have to do an experiment and "lend the dog" out for a little while -- although the dander may be all over the house.

Jae blowing over 100% -- wow. And I never told you that I thought it was really cool that you are going to pharmacy school to try to help the cause!

Nightwriter

Leah,

When they use the control(Histamine) to compare the redness. Positive is supposed to get red like a mosquito bite. Then they can compare how the other bumps look. They use a system to rate the redness. Slightly red 1 plus, through 4 plus. A 3 plus and 4 plus really is red and itchy, so it would be way more than just sensitive skin. The itchy part is also a clue.

JDPrecious,

I was thinking about you the other day when I was online, wondering if everything was okay because I hadn't seen you here in a while. I'm so glad that Jae is doing well. The delayed reaction is always a possibility -- like Valerie noticed. You didn't ask for advice, so I hope that you don't mind -- I don't know if you've read some of the recent posts about asthma, allergies, and chemical sensitivities. Just so that you know, even though someone tests negative to an allegen, it can still act as an allergy. This falls into an area called chemical sensitivity.

In other words, she may not be "allergic" to the dog, but if her FEV1 dropped when you got it, the dander is still an irritant to people who have CF being more sensitive than the average person. One of the things that I love about the parents on this site -- because you really know your children, you make connections between symptoms and triggers. Doctors frequently dismiss them.

All I am saying, is if she has FEV1 drop or sinus or respiratory issues, keep an eye out and don't automatically assume it's infection. Even if you have to do an experiment and "lend the dog" out for a little while -- although the dander may be all over the house.

Jae blowing over 100% -- wow. And I never told you that I thought it was really cool that you are going to pharmacy school to try to help the cause!

Nightwriter

Leah,

JDPrecious,

Nightwriter

Leah,

JDPrecious,

Nightwriter

Leah,
<br />
<br />When they use the control(Histamine) to compare the redness. Positive is supposed to get red like a mosquito bite. Then they can compare how the other bumps look. They use a system to rate the redness. Slightly red 1 plus, through 4 plus. A 3 plus and 4 plus really is red and itchy, so it would be way more than just sensitive skin. The itchy part is also a clue.
<br />
<br />JDPrecious,
<br />
<br />I was thinking about you the other day when I was online, wondering if everything was okay because I hadn't seen you here in a while. I'm so glad that Jae is doing well. The delayed reaction is always a possibility -- like Valerie noticed. You didn't ask for advice, so I hope that you don't mind -- I don't know if you've read some of the recent posts about asthma, allergies, and chemical sensitivities. Just so that you know, even though someone tests negative to an allegen, it can still act as an allergy. This falls into an area called chemical sensitivity.
<br />
<br />In other words, she may not be "allergic" to the dog, but if her FEV1 dropped when you got it, the dander is still an irritant to people who have CF being more sensitive than the average person. One of the things that I love about the parents on this site -- because you really know your children, you make connections between symptoms and triggers. Doctors frequently dismiss them.
<br />
<br />All I am saying, is if she has FEV1 drop or sinus or respiratory issues, keep an eye out and don't automatically assume it's infection. Even if you have to do an experiment and "lend the dog" out for a little while -- although the dander may be all over the house.
<br />
<br />Jae blowing over 100% -- wow. And I never told you that I thought it was really cool that you are going to pharmacy school to try to help the cause!