Skin Problems

littledebbie

I'm a proactive girl myself. It works really well for me, I have turned at least 8 people that I know of onto it and they are still happy with it. i have been using it probably 6-7 yrs now. I still have an zit or two here and there but it is NOTHING like before. and yah I have big pores but so does my dad I think it's just hereditary for me, but at least now they are big but clear.

Also, I have been told the apricot scrub is actually rather hard on your skin. the little granual things that are "buffing" away dead skin are also nicking and cutting into healthy skin leaving tiny cuts for dirt oil bacteria etc to settle into. So while immediately your skin might have a nice Glow and feel smooth... long term it's not a good idea.

Landy

I just took my daughter to a dermatologist last month & he prescribed minocycline pills and Differin creme and so far it seems to be working.

Landy

I just took my daughter to a dermatologist last month & he prescribed minocycline pills and Differin creme and so far it seems to be working.

Landy

lizzy

My daughter Megs, has the same problem. Over the years we took her to see Dermatologists. Several perscriptions later, the problems never really cleared up. Just last week she told me that she has been using Tea Tree Oil, from the Body Shop. She has been really impressed from the results. Also the price is great.

lizzy

My daughter Megs, has the same problem. Over the years we took her to see Dermatologists. Several perscriptions later, the problems never really cleared up. Just last week she told me that she has been using Tea Tree Oil, from the Body Shop. She has been really impressed from the results. Also the price is great.

lizzy

ej0820

I don't know how much help this will be, but those Biore Pore Strips (the ones that you rip off your skin and blackheads after they sit on your face for 10 min.) do not work. I tried them many times in many different places on my face and they were just a waist of money. I don't have blackheads much anymore...I did when I was in high school and I just used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub which seemed to work as well as I was looking for. Hope you find something that works.

ej0820

I don't know how much help this will be, but those Biore Pore Strips (the ones that you rip off your skin and blackheads after they sit on your face for 10 min.) do not work. I tried them many times in many different places on my face and they were just a waist of money. I don't have blackheads much anymore...I did when I was in high school and I just used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub which seemed to work as well as I was looking for. Hope you find something that works.

ej0820

kybert

i have that problem. its genetic im afraid *points to mum* i dont use cleanser believe it or not. it just makes things 10 times worse. take too much oil away and the skin goes crazy trying to make more to replace it. though i do use aha and bha peels once a week. exfoliation is the only thing that does anything but overexfoliating is a no no so its not like you can scrub away the crud everyday. not much else you can do really. you cant shrink pores and you cant stop oil production! scream at your parents for what they have done to you, makes me feel better rofl!

kybert

i have that problem. its genetic im afraid *points to mum* i dont use cleanser believe it or not. it just makes things 10 times worse. take too much oil away and the skin goes crazy trying to make more to replace it. though i do use aha and bha peels once a week. exfoliation is the only thing that does anything but overexfoliating is a no no so its not like you can scrub away the crud everyday. not much else you can do really. you cant shrink pores and you cant stop oil production! scream at your parents for what they have done to you, makes me feel better rofl!

kybert

amber682

You could just be being too harsh. Stripping too much of your skin's natural oils away can cause it to overproduce oil, blocking pores. Try something like cetaphil or dove. And salicyclic acid is better than benzoyl peroxide, a lot less harsh/drying. I've never used the apricot scrub but I know a lot of people love it. I've heard it can make pores larger because it's too rough of a scrub. You could probably make up your own 3 part system pretty cheap. I'm pretty sure proactive is just a salicyclic acid cleanser, a toner, and a low % benzoyl peroxide cream (like 2.5% instead of the normal 10%). I've heard a lot of people on another forum I go on sometimes talk about the aspirin masks too, or home made scrubs made with your favorite lotion and sugar, but I've never tried them.

Could the nebulized meds you do be causing some of it? Vinny sometimes gets these little pimples on his cheeks and I sometimes wonder if it's caused by the nebs w/ a mask. Although you probably don't use a mask.

amber682

You could just be being too harsh. Stripping too much of your skin's natural oils away can cause it to overproduce oil, blocking pores. Try something like cetaphil or dove. And salicyclic acid is better than benzoyl peroxide, a lot less harsh/drying. I've never used the apricot scrub but I know a lot of people love it. I've heard it can make pores larger because it's too rough of a scrub. You could probably make up your own 3 part system pretty cheap. I'm pretty sure proactive is just a salicyclic acid cleanser, a toner, and a low % benzoyl peroxide cream (like 2.5% instead of the normal 10%). I've heard a lot of people on another forum I go on sometimes talk about the aspirin masks too, or home made scrubs made with your favorite lotion and sugar, but I've never tried them.

Could the nebulized meds you do be causing some of it? Vinny sometimes gets these little pimples on his cheeks and I sometimes wonder if it's caused by the nebs w/ a mask. Although you probably don't use a mask.

amber682

65rosessamurai

I have an occasional blemish here and there, and sometimes have a major break-out. The wife suggested I don't have enough Vitamin B.
Since then, the Vitamin B was added to the rest of my supplements, but I only have a few blemishes. The salt imbalance may be one of the culprits, but I don't think its the antibiotics. I'm not on any of them right now and have blemishes, so I could only guess that the diet has something to do with it, or perhaps still not taking in enough water.
I also try to watch my coffee intake, because coffee has also been known to cause blemishes, at least in some odd places like on your back!

65rosessamurai

I have an occasional blemish here and there, and sometimes have a major break-out. The wife suggested I don't have enough Vitamin B.
Since then, the Vitamin B was added to the rest of my supplements, but I only have a few blemishes. The salt imbalance may be one of the culprits, but I don't think its the antibiotics. I'm not on any of them right now and have blemishes, so I could only guess that the diet has something to do with it, or perhaps still not taking in enough water.
I also try to watch my coffee intake, because coffee has also been known to cause blemishes, at least in some odd places like on your back!

65rosessamurai

Emily65Roses

I have done a stint on Cetaphil too, didn't work. I don't use a mask for my nebs. And I don't drink coffee at all. Haha.

I suppose I may be overdoing it, but I only use this abrasive skin products once every 2 days or so. Is it still possible it's too much?