Slow progress with working out...advice requested

Orionbiker

Hello just a quick note if you are doing you BMI by a chart that is not a great way to do it because that is for an average person, To get you true BMI you need to get a caliper measurements done on the body fat. If you gained 15 of muscle your BMI will increase when using a BMI chart

Orionbiker

Hello just a quick note if you are doing you BMI by a chart that is not a great way to do it because that is for an average person, To get you true BMI you need to get a caliper measurements done on the body fat. If you gained 15 of muscle your BMI will increase when using a BMI chart

Orionbiker

Orionbiker

Orionbiker

Mike750

I would start off suggesting that you not be afraid of lower reps. I work in the 8-12 range meaning that when the last rep arrives, it's the last one I am able to do for the set. Or, if anything, leave only 1 or 2 in the tank for that set. Occasionally, you should go as low as 6 or even 3.

Also, it's better to stick with free weights and compound movements for the majority of the work being done. As far as gaining size, remember to do slow negatives and not just drop the weight fast in order to start the next rep. I also avoid the locking out of reps during sets in order to maintain tension on the muscle and not transfer it to joints.

Protein intake as a general rule should be at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight minimum spread over 5-6 meals a day.

Mike750

I would start off suggesting that you not be afraid of lower reps. I work in the 8-12 range meaning that when the last rep arrives, it's the last one I am able to do for the set. Or, if anything, leave only 1 or 2 in the tank for that set. Occasionally, you should go as low as 6 or even 3.

Also, it's better to stick with free weights and compound movements for the majority of the work being done. As far as gaining size, remember to do slow negatives and not just drop the weight fast in order to start the next rep. I also avoid the locking out of reps during sets in order to maintain tension on the muscle and not transfer it to joints.

Protein intake as a general rule should be at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight minimum spread over 5-6 meals a day.

Mike750

Mike750

Mike750

<br />
<br />Also, it's better to stick with free weights and compound movements for the majority of the work being done. As far as gaining size, remember to do slow negatives and not just drop the weight fast in order to start the next rep. I also avoid the locking out of reps during sets in order to maintain tension on the muscle and not transfer it to joints.
<br />
<br />Protein intake as a general rule should be at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight minimum spread over 5-6 meals a day.

travboi86

ok your sayin your bulking up and your trainer is upping the weight and lower the reps yeah thats right IF you want to bulk up, i have cf and also compete in body building comps and sorry to say but ditch that trainer i train heavy and low reps to bulk up come comp time i start to train lower weights abd higher reps higher reps burn fat and tone mucle. im a trainer and can help you over the net if you need it.
i will help you and change your body to wat you want

travboi86

ok your sayin your bulking up and your trainer is upping the weight and lower the reps yeah thats right IF you want to bulk up, i have cf and also compete in body building comps and sorry to say but ditch that trainer i train heavy and low reps to bulk up come comp time i start to train lower weights abd higher reps higher reps burn fat and tone mucle. im a trainer and can help you over the net if you need it.

travboi86

travboi86

travboi86

<br />i will help you and change your body to wat you want

Mike750

Forgot to ask. Since you say your bodyfat has gone up, has your diet changed at all to make this occur? I only ask since a "tone" looking muscle is a matter of having low bodyfat. Same thing as carving out definition. The lower the bodyfat, the more definition will show.

Mike750

Forgot to ask. Since you say your bodyfat has gone up, has your diet changed at all to make this occur? I only ask since a "tone" looking muscle is a matter of having low bodyfat. Same thing as carving out definition. The lower the bodyfat, the more definition will show.

Mike750

Mike750

Mike750