so apparently

ChevyZ71

Forgot to answer your other question. Yes it will still leak, about the same. They all leak for about a month till they seal back up from the inside. Even if you just replace whatever tube you are going to put in, and yes you will eventually have to replace the new one. But it will leak like I said about a month or so after replacment.

ChevyZ71

Forgot to answer your other question. Yes it will still leak, about the same. They all leak for about a month till they seal back up from the inside. Even if you just replace whatever tube you are going to put in, and yes you will eventually have to replace the new one. But it will leak like I said about a month or so after replacment.

ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71

jbrandonAW

But the peg is just a tube right? The bard had a hard piece behind it to hold it in...I do NOT see how they are going to get it through just a little hole. (the hold is no bigger than the opening to a straw). He said something about going under and honestly I think thats what is going to have to happen....

jbrandonAW

But the peg is just a tube right? The bard had a hard piece behind it to hold it in...I do NOT see how they are going to get it through just a little hole. (the hold is no bigger than the opening to a straw). He said something about going under and honestly I think thats what is going to have to happen....

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

Jane

Digital opinion leader
The Bard is considered a "one-step" button. It is not necessary to change out to another button. With a mic-key, a peg is put in so the stoma can heal first. But a bard doesn't get changed out unless there is a problem.

After two years my son Josh broke the flap off his Bard button and had it replaced via surgery. We were told they don't pull Bards out any other way. Three years later he grew and the tube pulled up against his muscles so he had it replaced again (also via surgery). This time he chose a Mic-key so he could replace it easily if need be. He then changed to a AMT which he likes better than the mic-key. But he definately liked the bard the best.

The Bard is by far the flattest. My son Jesse still has his Bard after five years and has never had any problems.

Why does your doctor want you to switch so soon?

Jane

Digital opinion leader
The Bard is considered a "one-step" button. It is not necessary to change out to another button. With a mic-key, a peg is put in so the stoma can heal first. But a bard doesn't get changed out unless there is a problem.

After two years my son Josh broke the flap off his Bard button and had it replaced via surgery. We were told they don't pull Bards out any other way. Three years later he grew and the tube pulled up against his muscles so he had it replaced again (also via surgery). This time he chose a Mic-key so he could replace it easily if need be. He then changed to a AMT which he likes better than the mic-key. But he definately liked the bard the best.

The Bard is by far the flattest. My son Jesse still has his Bard after five years and has never had any problems.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />After two years my son Josh broke the flap off his Bard button and had it replaced via surgery. We were told they don't pull Bards out any other way. Three years later he grew and the tube pulled up against his muscles so he had it replaced again (also via surgery). This time he chose a Mic-key so he could replace it easily if need be. He then changed to a AMT which he likes better than the mic-key. But he definately liked the bard the best.
<br />
<br />The Bard is by far the flattest. My son Jesse still has his Bard after five years and has never had any problems.
<br />
<br />Why does your doctor want you to switch so soon?