Social Security Application

krisjohn53223

Hey everyone, I am just wondering how long everyone waited before hearing a decision on SSDI. I applied (with the help of Beth Sufian) in January 2011 and still have not heard anything. I am not working, and I qualify under all 3 of their criteria for Cf. Just can't figure out why it is taking so long. They told me 90-120 days. Well, it's been 120 days! My employer is holding my job until a decision is made in case I am denied, so I would really like to know either way.

krisjohn53223

Hey everyone, I am just wondering how long everyone waited before hearing a decision on SSDI. I applied (with the help of Beth Sufian) in January 2011 and still have not heard anything. I am not working, and I qualify under all 3 of their criteria for Cf. Just can't figure out why it is taking so long. They told me 90-120 days. Well, it's been 120 days! My employer is holding my job until a decision is made in case I am denied, so I would really like to know either way.

krisjohn53223

<p>Hey everyone, I am just wondering how long everyone waited before hearing a decision on SSDI. I applied (with the help of Beth Sufian) in January 2011 and still have not heard anything. I am not working, and I qualify under all 3 of their criteria for Cf. Just can't figure out why it is taking so long. They told me 90-120 days. Well, it's been 120 days! My employer is holding my job until a decision is made in case I am denied, so I would really like to know either way.

JennifersHope

Oh Kris, even if you meet the requirements on all three levels they still can deny you. It is a long process, not always but it can be. I met the requirements of many different diseases on all the levels and I was denied, and told my condition was not expected to last more then 12 months... INSANE

It is a tough thing, if you are denied you have to appeal it. Your back pay will come to you.. It can be a long process, I hope yours goes fast

JennifersHope

Oh Kris, even if you meet the requirements on all three levels they still can deny you. It is a long process, not always but it can be. I met the requirements of many different diseases on all the levels and I was denied, and told my condition was not expected to last more then 12 months... INSANE

It is a tough thing, if you are denied you have to appeal it. Your back pay will come to you.. It can be a long process, I hope yours goes fast

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />It is a tough thing, if you are denied you have to appeal it. Your back pay will come to you.. It can be a long process, I hope yours goes fast

Hardak

This is one of thoes things that takes time. Mostly depending on the back log of your local SSI office. Hang in there, CALL them, and find out whats going on. If not show up in person if possable. My SSI took years, I never did quolify for SSDI. But thats something I looked into heavely about the SSDI for me, and yeah no luck there.

Keith

Hardak

This is one of thoes things that takes time. Mostly depending on the back log of your local SSI office. Hang in there, CALL them, and find out whats going on. If not show up in person if possable. My SSI took years, I never did quolify for SSDI. But thats something I looked into heavely about the SSDI for me, and yeah no luck there.

Keith

Hardak

<p>This is one of thoes things that takes time. Mostly depending on the back log of your local SSI office. Hang in there, CALL them, and find out whats going on. If not show up in person if possable. My SSI took years, I never did quolify for SSDI. But thats something I looked into heavely about the SSDI for me, and yeah no luck there.
<p>
<p>Keith

julie

CALL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beth has many many cases she is working on, and just because she is your representative doesn't mean you shouldn't be picking up the phone and calling them a few times a month, or even weekly at this point. Call the 1800 #, get the # to your local office. call the local office and get the name and extension # of the person assigned to your case. Leave them a msg and ask them to call you back to discuss the status. But as Jennifer said, even the most clearcut cases get denied sometimes. They honestly have morons making these decisions in most cases. I honestly think the worst thing you could do is go back to work if you get denied. Appeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julie

CALL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beth has many many cases she is working on, and just because she is your representative doesn't mean you shouldn't be picking up the phone and calling them a few times a month, or even weekly at this point. Call the 1800 #, get the # to your local office. call the local office and get the name and extension # of the person assigned to your case. Leave them a msg and ask them to call you back to discuss the status. But as Jennifer said, even the most clearcut cases get denied sometimes. They honestly have morons making these decisions in most cases. I honestly think the worst thing you could do is go back to work if you get denied. Appeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julie

krisjohn53223

Julie....I have been talking to someone about once a week from my local office. I have been calling her almost weekly to update her on new apppointments, hospitalizations, surgeries, etc. I talked to her last about 1 1/2 weeks ago and at that time I had to look what was going on. All she could tell me was that my case is still "open" which means they are still deciding. Beth's office also contacted me to see if I have heard anything and I told them what I just told you. I got an e-mail yesterday from Beth's office saying they are going to try to contact social security to find out what is taking so long. I know the worst thing would be to return to work, but I am beyond broke! We don't qualify for SSI, My husband makes less than I did, I have lost my insurance, this is just a mess! I jsut want an answer either way! How long do the appeals usually take?

krisjohn53223

Julie....I have been talking to someone about once a week from my local office. I have been calling her almost weekly to update her on new apppointments, hospitalizations, surgeries, etc. I talked to her last about 1 1/2 weeks ago and at that time I had to look what was going on. All she could tell me was that my case is still "open" which means they are still deciding. Beth's office also contacted me to see if I have heard anything and I told them what I just told you. I got an e-mail yesterday from Beth's office saying they are going to try to contact social security to find out what is taking so long. I know the worst thing would be to return to work, but I am beyond broke! We don't qualify for SSI, My husband makes less than I did, I have lost my insurance, this is just a mess! I jsut want an answer either way! How long do the appeals usually take?