Social Security Disability for Baby with CF?

dragonlady

When my daughter was little, after she came home from the hospital my case worker helped set up a appointment with Social Security.

At first I received the money with only having to suffer through the long waits at the office and interviews. I got over 300 hundred dollars a month. After about six months, they turned on me and said that I was being paid to much money, regardless of the fact that I was making the same money as before and at the interview they had six months worth of pay stubs. The letter stated that I owed them and that my social security benefits was only going to be $8.40 a month. I think at that time I only made 25,000 a year.

Then after about two or three years, I received another letter stating it was time for review. I was reviewed and got the letter stating my daughter was no longer "sick" and that I would not be getting anymore disability benefits.

I don't think it's fair. One of my co-workers husbands has been on it for years for a injured back. Something's just not right.

dragonlady

When my daughter was little, after she came home from the hospital my case worker helped set up a appointment with Social Security.

At first I received the money with only having to suffer through the long waits at the office and interviews. I got over 300 hundred dollars a month. After about six months, they turned on me and said that I was being paid to much money, regardless of the fact that I was making the same money as before and at the interview they had six months worth of pay stubs. The letter stated that I owed them and that my social security benefits was only going to be $8.40 a month. I think at that time I only made 25,000 a year.

Then after about two or three years, I received another letter stating it was time for review. I was reviewed and got the letter stating my daughter was no longer "sick" and that I would not be getting anymore disability benefits.

I don't think it's fair. One of my co-workers husbands has been on it for years for a injured back. Something's just not right.

dragonlady

dragonlady

dragonlady

<br />
<br />At first I received the money with only having to suffer through the long waits at the office and interviews. I got over 300 hundred dollars a month. After about six months, they turned on me and said that I was being paid to much money, regardless of the fact that I was making the same money as before and at the interview they had six months worth of pay stubs. The letter stated that I owed them and that my social security benefits was only going to be $8.40 a month. I think at that time I only made 25,000 a year.
<br />
<br />Then after about two or three years, I received another letter stating it was time for review. I was reviewed and got the letter stating my daughter was no longer "sick" and that I would not be getting anymore disability benefits.
<br />
<br />I don't think it's fair. One of my co-workers husbands has been on it for years for a injured back. Something's just not right.

Z

zeeannie

I'm not sure why it was so painless, but the social worker at the hospital where my daughter was born got it all set up. They said it was based on the fact that she was spending her first three months in the hospital, so she was 'institutionalized' or something like that. I was in a daze those first three months (and beyond!), and it was thirteen years ago, so I'm a little fuzzy about it. Do yo have a social worker available to consult either at the hospital, or the clinic?

Z

zeeannie

I'm not sure why it was so painless, but the social worker at the hospital where my daughter was born got it all set up. They said it was based on the fact that she was spending her first three months in the hospital, so she was 'institutionalized' or something like that. I was in a daze those first three months (and beyond!), and it was thirteen years ago, so I'm a little fuzzy about it. Do yo have a social worker available to consult either at the hospital, or the clinic?

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

I am in the process of applying again. We applied after she was born and got denied. I should have appealed the decision. Hopefully this time it will go through, we are definitely in need.

I am in the process of applying again. We applied after she was born and got denied. I should have appealed the decision. Hopefully this time it will go through, we are definitely in need.

regina65

If you can apply for social security disability it is based on the disability. They wont base it on your income b/c you can make hardly nothing with SSI. But I too am in Arkansas so I don't know if it different in each state

regina65

If you can apply for social security disability it is based on the disability. They wont base it on your income b/c you can make hardly nothing with SSI. But I too am in Arkansas so I don't know if it different in each state

regina65

regina65

regina65