Social Security Disability for Baby with CF?

julie

SSI is a federally run program so the rules are the same in all states. The ONLY thing that varies is the amount paid to a recipient, because in some states, like CA, food allowance is given to SSI recipients.

They will look to see if you qualify medically first, and then determine if you are elgible based on your income.

I just completed a case with a client and am able to take on one new case right now. Please contact me at services@dafcf.org if you are interested.

julie

SSI is a federally run program so the rules are the same in all states. The ONLY thing that varies is the amount paid to a recipient, because in some states, like CA, food allowance is given to SSI recipients.

They will look to see if you qualify medically first, and then determine if you are elgible based on your income.

I just completed a case with a client and am able to take on one new case right now. Please contact me at services@dafcf.org if you are interested.

julie

julie

julie

<br />
<br />They will look to see if you qualify medically first, and then determine if you are elgible based on your income.
<br />
<br />I just completed a case with a client and am able to take on one new case right now. Please contact me at services@dafcf.org if you are interested.

rpcvchina

zeeannie--
Wow! Lucky you had a decent social worker! Our daughter was in the NICU for almost 4 months and the very worst thing about the staff for us was the social worker. I cannot possibly tell you how horrible she was-- she did not even speak to us for almost 4 weeks since she thought our baby would die and we were not worth her time. Then, when she thought she was in trouble for not doing anything, she stood in the room each time we were there and said, "How are you?" silence silence silence (for about 3 minutes) "OK, well I have to go now, let me know if you need anything." And this was JOHNS HOPKINS!! The best in the country?!? It was awuful, horrible, and only added to our nightmare-- and I was out of work at the time. I had no idea we could have been eligable for social security! This woman was so awful, it added to our nightmare beyond words. You're fortunate to have a social worker who was willing to do her job. I cannot believe that someone would work in this kind of job-- knowing that she was to see people on the very worst time of their lives-- and ignore them. Besides the horrible diagnosis of CF and all the operations and months in the NICU, the second worst thing for us was the social worker.

rpcvchina

zeeannie--
Wow! Lucky you had a decent social worker! Our daughter was in the NICU for almost 4 months and the very worst thing about the staff for us was the social worker. I cannot possibly tell you how horrible she was-- she did not even speak to us for almost 4 weeks since she thought our baby would die and we were not worth her time. Then, when she thought she was in trouble for not doing anything, she stood in the room each time we were there and said, "How are you?" silence silence silence (for about 3 minutes) "OK, well I have to go now, let me know if you need anything." And this was JOHNS HOPKINS!! The best in the country?!? It was awuful, horrible, and only added to our nightmare-- and I was out of work at the time. I had no idea we could have been eligable for social security! This woman was so awful, it added to our nightmare beyond words. You're fortunate to have a social worker who was willing to do her job. I cannot believe that someone would work in this kind of job-- knowing that she was to see people on the very worst time of their lives-- and ignore them. Besides the horrible diagnosis of CF and all the operations and months in the NICU, the second worst thing for us was the social worker.

rpcvchina

zeeannie--

rpcvchina

zeeannie--

rpcvchina

zeeannie--
<br />Wow! Lucky you had a decent social worker! Our daughter was in the NICU for almost 4 months and the very worst thing about the staff for us was the social worker. I cannot possibly tell you how horrible she was-- she did not even speak to us for almost 4 weeks since she thought our baby would die and we were not worth her time. Then, when she thought she was in trouble for not doing anything, she stood in the room each time we were there and said, "How are you?" silence silence silence (for about 3 minutes) "OK, well I have to go now, let me know if you need anything." And this was JOHNS HOPKINS!! The best in the country?!? It was awuful, horrible, and only added to our nightmare-- and I was out of work at the time. I had no idea we could have been eligable for social security! This woman was so awful, it added to our nightmare beyond words. You're fortunate to have a social worker who was willing to do her job. I cannot believe that someone would work in this kind of job-- knowing that she was to see people on the very worst time of their lives-- and ignore them. Besides the horrible diagnosis of CF and all the operations and months in the NICU, the second worst thing for us was the social worker.