son looking to move to NC Charlotte

Tammy15

My son is thinking of moving to NC. We are looking for any info on CF center close by to Charlotte and doctor information any good or bad experiences. Thank you

Tammy15

My son is thinking of moving to NC. We are looking for any info on CF center close by to Charlotte and doctor information any good or bad experiences. Thank you

Tammy15

Tammy15

Tammy15

Giggles

We are relocating and in my research I did talk to the Charlotte CF Center and ALL adults go to UNC or DUKE which is hours away!!! They DO NOT treat CF adults in Charlotte. Now that is not to say he could find a doc but there would be NO Center. For me that ruled out Charlotte.

Good Luck!

PS: UNC and DUKE are GREAT CF Adult centers!

Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

We are relocating and in my research I did talk to the Charlotte CF Center and ALL adults go to UNC or DUKE which is hours away!!! They DO NOT treat CF adults in Charlotte. Now that is not to say he could find a doc but there would be NO Center. For me that ruled out Charlotte.

Good Luck!

Giggles

Good Luck!

Giggles

Good Luck!

Giggles

<br />
<br />Good Luck!
<br />
<br />PS: UNC and DUKE are GREAT CF Adult centers!
<br />
<br />Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD

Tammy15

Thank you for this information by chance in your research did you get information on NC state assistance programs I am not sure if its called medicaid down there. Looks like where he wants to move is accross from the UNC campus so maybe I have the town/city wrong in NC.

Tammy15

Thank you for this information by chance in your research did you get information on NC state assistance programs I am not sure if its called medicaid down there. Looks like where he wants to move is accross from the UNC campus so maybe I have the town/city wrong in NC.

Tammy15

Tammy15

Tammy15

jaimers

Super Moderator
UNC is in Chapel Hill. Charlotte would be about 2.5 hours from UNC and probably about the same to Duke. I've been seen at UNC since I was 4 and I grew up in Chapel HIll. to my knowledge there is not a specific cf state assistance program but there is medicaid. I'm not sure about the ins and outs of it because I don't have it but I know there are other NC people on here that might have more info! hopefully they will chime in! The UNC peds and adult clinics are great and they do lots of research and actively recruit patients to be parts of new and relevant studies they are working on! I've always been able to get in touch with my doctor(s) directly as well as the adult cf nurse kathy. They are an amazing team and really desire for us to actively participate in our own care. I've never had a complaint. let me know if you have other questions. i know if you search around on the boards there are several other threads about UNC and Duke centers as well as NC as a whole. I've lived here my whole life and i love it!

jaimers

Super Moderator
UNC is in Chapel Hill. Charlotte would be about 2.5 hours from UNC and probably about the same to Duke. I've been seen at UNC since I was 4 and I grew up in Chapel HIll. to my knowledge there is not a specific cf state assistance program but there is medicaid. I'm not sure about the ins and outs of it because I don't have it but I know there are other NC people on here that might have more info! hopefully they will chime in! The UNC peds and adult clinics are great and they do lots of research and actively recruit patients to be parts of new and relevant studies they are working on! I've always been able to get in touch with my doctor(s) directly as well as the adult cf nurse kathy. They are an amazing team and really desire for us to actively participate in our own care. I've never had a complaint. let me know if you have other questions. i know if you search around on the boards there are several other threads about UNC and Duke centers as well as NC as a whole. I've lived here my whole life and i love it!

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator