southwest airlines?

allie5

We are flying on Southwest this Friday. Does anyone have any experience in flying with their vest on this airline? Do we need to check it or can it be carry on? This is the first time we have ever flown with my daughter's vest so we are a little unsure of how to deal with it. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

allie5

We are flying on Southwest this Friday. Does anyone have any experience in flying with their vest on this airline? Do we need to check it or can it be carry on? This is the first time we have ever flown with my daughter's vest so we are a little unsure of how to deal with it. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

allie5

Thanks!

allie5

Thanks!

allie5

<br />
<br />Thanks!

JazzysMom

ANY Medical equipment is exempt & not counted against your carry on allowed.

Given the sensitivity, cost & necesity (sp?) of the vest I would NEVER check it. Granted you might not be able to put it in the compartment above your OR under the seat, but you are allowed to bring it on & its highly suggested. I have heard of the flight attendants putting it somewhere safe when it cant/doesnt fit in the areas mentioned.

I would recommend you do a search on this site regarding travel tips. It does take more preperation for a CFer & their family to travel considering the medical needs.

Good Luck on the trip!

JazzysMom

Given the sensitivity, cost & necesity (sp?) of the vest I would NEVER check it. Granted you might not be able to put it in the compartment above your OR under the seat, but you are allowed to bring it on & its highly suggested. I have heard of the flight attendants putting it somewhere safe when it cant/doesnt fit in the areas mentioned.

I would recommend you do a search on this site regarding travel tips. It does take more preperation for a CFer & their family to travel considering the medical needs.

Good Luck on the trip!

JazzysMom

Good Luck on the trip!

JazzysMom

Good Luck on the trip!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Given the sensitivity, cost & necesity (sp?) of the vest I would NEVER check it. Granted you might not be able to put it in the compartment above your OR under the seat, but you are allowed to bring it on & its highly suggested. I have heard of the flight attendants putting it somewhere safe when it cant/doesnt fit in the areas mentioned.
<br />
<br />I would recommend you do a search on this site regarding travel tips. It does take more preperation for a CFer & their family to travel considering the medical needs.
<br />
<br />Good Luck on the trip!

saveferris2009

just want to reinforce mel's comments - NEVER check in medical stuff.

never. never. never.

sometimes airline people will give you a hard time you need to stand your ground and be familiar with FEDERAL LAW.

saveferris2009

never. never. never.

sometimes airline people will give you a hard time you need to stand your ground and be familiar with FEDERAL LAW.

saveferris2009

never. never. never.

saveferris2009

never. never. never.

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />never. never. never.
<br />
<br />sometimes airline people will give you a hard time you need to stand your ground and be familiar with FEDERAL LAW.

allie5

Should I carry it in it's case or just carry the machine itself and put the tubes, cord and vest in my suitcase?

allie5

Should I carry it in it's case or just carry the machine itself and put the tubes, cord and vest in my suitcase?

allie5

allie5

allie5