Spit-rag of choice

jenhum

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cf4life</b></i>

When I am alone, I use tissues, toilet paper or the toilet when available. Otherwise I have a bad habit of just swallowing. If I am in the car or at a public place it is more convenient and not something I really even think about anymore. I have never had any issues because of it, I think stomach acids kill any bacteria. Am I the only one? :)</end quote><br><br>I rarely spit unless I'm alone, and even then half the time I just swallow it. I know it's bad, but it's just such a hard habit for me to break!<br>

jenhum

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cf4life</b></i>

When I am alone, I use tissues, toilet paper or the toilet when available. Otherwise I have a bad habit of just swallowing. If I am in the car or at a public place it is more convenient and not something I really even think about anymore. I have never had any issues because of it, I think stomach acids kill any bacteria. Am I the only one? :)</end quote><br><br>I rarely spit unless I'm alone, and even then half the time I just swallow it. I know it's bad, but it's just such a hard habit for me to break!<br>

duke1234

I use to swallow it a lot and never spit, to the point where when I would cough my parents would make me spit or punish me, but eventually I kinda turned into an OCD germaphobe and now I would probably gag at the thought of having to swallow it, I hold it in my mouth In public and try not to answer question till I can find a trash can or empty water bottle, coke can, or paper towel.

duke1234

I use to swallow it a lot and never spit, to the point where when I would cough my parents would make me spit or punish me, but eventually I kinda turned into an OCD germaphobe and now I would probably gag at the thought of having to swallow it, I hold it in my mouth In public and try not to answer question till I can find a trash can or empty water bottle, coke can, or paper towel.

duke1234

Jana

I'm a swallower as well. Glad to hear I'm not alone =) My pulmonary doctor said it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't make me sick to my stomach, which hasn't been a problem for me.

Somehow, any method of spitting in a middle school classroom doesn't bode well for control!

Jana

I'm a swallower as well. Glad to hear I'm not alone =) My pulmonary doctor said it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't make me sick to my stomach, which hasn't been a problem for me.

Somehow, any method of spitting in a middle school classroom doesn't bode well for control!

Jana

<br />
<br />Somehow, any method of spitting in a middle school classroom doesn't bode well for control!

Solo

I  very seldomly spit up mucus, but at the times I do I just spit it in a trashbag. But when I am driving, and I have a rare bout of mucus, opposed to swallowing it, I keep it in my mouth until I hit a stop sign or red light, then open up the door and spit out. Sometimes it can be up to a half hour. If its any longer, I just take the plunge and swallow it!

Solo

I veryseldomlyspit up mucus, but at the times I do I just spit it in a trashbag. But when I am driving, and I have a rare bout of mucus, opposed to swallowing it, I keep it in my mouth until I hit a stop sign or red light, then open up the door and spit out. Sometimes it can be up to a half hour. If its any longer, I just take the plunge and swallow it!

Solo

I veryseldomlyspit up mucus, but at the times I do I just spit it in a trashbag. But when I am driving, and I have a rare bout of mucus, opposed to swallowing it, I keep it in my mouth until I hit a stop sign or red light, then open up the door and spit out. Sometimes it can be up to a half hour. If its any longer, I just take the plunge and swallow it!

markinohio

I tend to use tissues or paper towels. My wife and I have been together for almost twenty years. She loves me and will do anything to take care of me, but she still can't deal with the mucus. And she works at a hospital. The sight of mucus will make her gag and she dredges it when I leave a used tissue in my pants when she does laundry. So I try to keep it out of sight for her sake.

Mark

markinohio

I tend to use tissues or paper towels. My wife and I have been together for almost twenty years. She loves me and will do anything to take care of me, but she still can't deal with the mucus. And she works at a hospital. The sight of mucus will make her gag and she dredges it when I leave a used tissue in my pants when she does laundry. So I try to keep it out of sight for her sake.

Mark

markinohio

<br />
<br />Mark

J

JenniferRose65

I drink a Boost every morning before I do my treatments. Then for the treatments, when I need to spit I just spit into my empty Boost bottle. I just leave the bottle at my treatment table for my evening treatments and then I throw it away at the end of the day.
I used to just spit in the toilet or a trash can or wherever but now that I share an apartment, I try not to be too gross and because the Boost bottles are that ugly red color you can't see through them and you can screw the cap back on- so it's actually pretty great!

J

JenniferRose65

I drink a Boost every morning before I do my treatments. Then for the treatments, when I need to spit I just spit into my empty Boost bottle. I just leave the bottle at my treatment table for my evening treatments and then I throw it away at the end of the day.
I used to just spit in the toilet or a trash can or wherever but now that I share an apartment, I try not to be too gross and because the Boost bottles are that ugly red color you can't see through them and you can screw the cap back on- so it's actually pretty great!

J

JenniferRose65

<br />I used to just spit in the toilet or a trash can or wherever but now that I share an apartment, I try not to be too gross and because the Boost bottles are that ugly red color you can't see through them and you can screw the cap back on- so it's actually pretty great!
<br />