Spit-rag of choice

randmel89

<br>I use little 5 oz bathroom cups that are plastic every time I do my treatments I get a new one. I have never swallowed my mucus it just seems so gross to me. Im sure when I was younger I did but now I cant stand the thought of it I have to spit it out. I have been married for 11 years and been with the same person for 20 so I have no problem spitting in front of him. I have had to run to the bathroom when I am in public places just to spit, when I am in my car I will slow way down and open my door to spit.

randmel89

<br>I use little 5 oz bathroom cups that are plastic every time I do my treatments I get a new one. I have never swallowed my mucus it just seems so gross to me. Im sure when I was younger I did but now I cant stand the thought of it I have to spit it out. I have been married for 11 years and been with the same person for 20 so I have no problem spitting in front of him. I have had to run to the bathroom when I am in public places just to spit, when I am in my car I will slow way down and open my door to spit.

randmel89

amessofphotos

I used to swallow it but now I spit into tissues... toilet paper is a precious commodity in my apartment! I have two other roommates and they don't use the tissues so I pretty much have them to myself and I don't mind spending the money on thicker ones so they don't "leak through" ewww. I think i might try the paper cup thing tho... that seems like a good idea since i have trouble estimating how much u produce in a day. Thanks all!

amessofphotos

I used to swallow it but now I spit into tissues... toilet paper is a precious commodity in my apartment! I have two other roommates and they don't use the tissues so I pretty much have them to myself and I don't mind spending the money on thicker ones so they don't "leak through" ewww. I think i might try the paper cup thing tho... that seems like a good idea since i have trouble estimating how much u produce in a day. Thanks all!

amessofphotos

azdesertrat

Before my trans when I had the horrible mucous production problem I used to use a sputum sample cup. I would put half of a paper towel in the bottom & spit in that.
I would clean it daily; dump the mess in the toilet & flush. Then I'd use Lysol on it to clean it & keep it from smelling.
I used 3 of these; one in the house & one each of my trucks. There was one in the console of my semi.
If you ask for a couple of these sample cups at your next visit to the pulmonologist I'm sure they'll be happy to accomodate you.
Good luck & God bless...

azdesertrat

Before my trans when I had the horrible mucous production problem I used to use a sputum sample cup. I would put half of a paper towel in the bottom & spit in that.
I would clean it daily; dump the mess in the toilet & flush. Then I'd use Lysol on it to clean it & keep it from smelling.
I used 3 of these; one in the house & one each of my trucks. There was one in the console of my semi.
If you ask for a couple of these sample cups at your next visit to the pulmonologist I'm sure they'll be happy to accomodate you.
Good luck & God bless...

azdesertrat

<br />I would clean it daily; dump the mess in the toilet & flush. Then I'd use Lysol on it to clean it & keep it from smelling.
<br />I used 3 of these; one in the house & one each of my trucks. There was one in the console of my semi.
<br />If you ask for a couple of these sample cups at your next visit to the pulmonologist I'm sure they'll be happy to accomodate you.
<br />Good luck & God bless...

W

windex125

I have used small waxed dixie cups for years they don't soak thru and I have them in every room in the house and in my car as well. I have alot of mucus I sometimes think will it ever stop producing?? But these I bend in half on the top and get rid of them, I also seem to have quite a bit once I go to bed and put on my O2 seems to loosen things up. Pat-56/CF

W

windex125

I have used small waxed dixie cups for years they don't soak thru and I have them in every room in the house and in my car as well. I have alot of mucus I sometimes think will it ever stop producing?? But these I bend in half on the top and get rid of them, I also seem to have quite a bit once I go to bed and put on my O2 seems to loosen things up. Pat-56/CF

W

windex125

beleache

When I switched centers a few yrs ago the rt gave me a cup to spit into.  While I didn't consider doing this in the past I just went along w/ it & have been doing it this way since..  I kinda like to see exactly what is coming out of these beautiful lungs of mine lol 

beleache

When I switched centers a few yrs ago the rt gave me a cup to spit into. While I didn't consider doing this in the past I just went along w/ it & have been doing it this way since.. I kinda like to see exactly what is coming out of these beautiful lungs of mine lol

beleache

When I switched centers a few yrs ago the rt gave me a cup to spit into. While I didn't consider doing this in the past I just went along w/ it & have been doing it this way since.. I kinda like to see exactly what is coming out of these beautiful lungs of mine lol