SSDI

sarabeth87

I applied for SSDI the beginning of this month, so I was just wondering how long it usually takes for them to make a decision? I don't really feel like they are going to approve me. I work for the family business so I always get paid 40 hrs whether I'm here or not. I told the SSDI people this, so they sent a packet for my employer to fill out. My FEV1 is around 60% or 1.90 so I know that's too high, but I feel like I qualify under the other two. The thing I worry about though, is that since I started on Cayston, I haven't been that sick, so I know that doesn't look good. I'm about to loose my insurance though, so I don't think I'll be able to keep taking Cayston. This is what led me to apply. I plan to quit my job if I get approved. I probably only actually work 10-20 hrs a week. I just don't know what to do because I can't afford to completely quit unless I know I'm going to get approved, but then again I know working at all hurts my chances of getting approved. I guess I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place....

sarabeth87

I applied for SSDI the beginning of this month, so I was just wondering how long it usually takes for them to make a decision? I don't really feel like they are going to approve me. I work for the family business so I always get paid 40 hrs whether I'm here or not. I told the SSDI people this, so they sent a packet for my employer to fill out. My FEV1 is around 60% or 1.90 so I know that's too high, but I feel like I qualify under the other two. The thing I worry about though, is that since I started on Cayston, I haven't been that sick, so I know that doesn't look good. I'm about to loose my insurance though, so I don't think I'll be able to keep taking Cayston. This is what led me to apply. I plan to quit my job if I get approved. I probably only actually work 10-20 hrs a week. I just don't know what to do because I can't afford to completely quit unless I know I'm going to get approved, but then again I know working at all hurts my chances of getting approved. I guess I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place....

sarabeth87

sarabeth87

I definetly earn over a $1000 a month. I want to quit my job completely because my family really only pays me to help me out and it's a small business, so my health problems has caused a major increase in our health insurance rates. I know if I actually quit, my husband and I will most likely loose stuff because when he married me he took on a lot of my debt and he doesn't make enough to support us and pay for my mistakes. I would really like to keep working, but my lung function has gone from 68% this time last year to 58% now and that's with adding the Cayston. I just don't know what to do.

sarabeth87

I definetly earn over a $1000 a month. I want to quit my job completely because my family really only pays me to help me out and it's a small business, so my health problems has caused a major increase in our health insurance rates. I know if I actually quit, my husband and I will most likely loose stuff because when he married me he took on a lot of my debt and he doesn't make enough to support us and pay for my mistakes. I would really like to keep working, but my lung function has gone from 68% this time last year to 58% now and that's with adding the Cayston. I just don't know what to do.

sarabeth87

shinkdew

It took them about 6 weeks to approve my SSDI. My FEV1 was well below their guidelines (I think I was around 31%). I was making over $1000 a month when I stopped working, but I was on short term disability from work when I applied for SSDI.

shinkdew

It took them about 6 weeks to approve my SSDI. My FEV1 was well below their guidelines (I think I was around 31%). I was making over $1000 a month when I stopped working, but I was on short term disability from work when I applied for SSDI.

shinkdew

julie

Sara, can they "convert" the income from employment they are paying you into a disability payment?

What people don't understand is that the $1000 income limit is INCOME FROM <u><b>EMPLOYMENT</b></u>. If you are recieving income from anything OTHER than employment, like short term/long term disability, that is irrelevant because it is not earned from your direct employment. I hope that makes sense.

That is why Jim was approved even though his income was over $1000 a month, it was NOT from employment.

julie

Sara, can they "convert" the income from employment they are paying you into a disability payment?

What people don't understand is that the $1000 income limit is INCOME FROM <u><b>EMPLOYMENT</b></u>. If you are recieving income from anything OTHER than employment, like short term/long term disability, that is irrelevant because it is not earned from your direct employment. I hope that makes sense.

That is why Jim was approved even though his income was over $1000 a month, it was NOT from employment.

julie

<br />
<br />What people don't understand is that the $1000 income limit is INCOME FROM <u><b>EMPLOYMENT</b></u>. If you are recieving income from anything OTHER than employment, like short term/long term disability, that is irrelevant because it is not earned from your direct employment. I hope that makes sense.
<br />
<br />That is why Jim was approved even though his income was over $1000 a month, it was NOT from employment.

J

john73

Hey if your are working and have FEV1 around 60%. Be thankfull and keep working you really should not have applied save it when you really need it like when your FEV1 is around 40%. and you can not get a job or hold one. I have work 30 years at a hospital (Sparrow In Lansing MI.) now my FEV1 is at 38% so I am going to apply for disability at my work where I will get more money than with Soical Security Disability. I wanted to work until I was 65 but that not going to happen. So count your bessing keeping working.
Good luck/ john73

J

john73

Hey if your are working and have FEV1 around 60%. Be thankfull and keep working you really should not have applied save it when you really need it like when your FEV1 is around 40%. and you can not get a job or hold one. I have work 30 years at a hospital (Sparrow In Lansing MI.) now my FEV1 is at 38% so I am going to apply for disability at my work where I will get more money than with Soical Security Disability. I wanted to work until I was 65 but that not going to happen. So count your bessing keeping working.
Good luck/ john73

J

john73

<br />Good luck/ john73

A

alluneedislove

I was just recently approved for SSDI. Still haven't got any money, but at least i was approved. I applied over a year ago. So they will pay me back pay. If you haven't filed yet i would go through the Cf lawyer Beth Sufian. I don't think it cost you any money if you start with them from the beginning. Wish i would have known that a head of time. I got a hold of her once they denied me 3 times. It still took her a few months to get everything ready but i got approved and thats all that matters. GOOD LUCK!!

A

alluneedislove

I was just recently approved for SSDI. Still haven't got any money, but at least i was approved. I applied over a year ago. So they will pay me back pay. If you haven't filed yet i would go through the Cf lawyer Beth Sufian. I don't think it cost you any money if you start with them from the beginning. Wish i would have known that a head of time. I got a hold of her once they denied me 3 times. It still took her a few months to get everything ready but i got approved and thats all that matters. GOOD LUCK!!