Stage 3??

sweetdeal

Hi everyone. A friend of mine's sister (with CF) was told by her doctor that she has stage 3 CF. What exactly does that mean? I've never heard of it referred to in stages - beyond end stage.
Your help would be great.

sweetdeal

Hi everyone. A friend of mine's sister (with CF) was told by her doctor that she has stage 3 CF. What exactly does that mean? I've never heard of it referred to in stages - beyond end stage.

sweetdeal

sweetdeal

sweetdeal

etabetac

Is it possible she meant Class III? Classes are used to describe the extent to which the cftr is functioning or not functioning. For example if you have DeltaF508 mutation, you are a class I or II (I forget which), meaning that your cftr does not function at all. Anyway, if it is class III, Steve from Ambry might be better able to answer questions about mutation classes.

Class I through III mutations tend to have pancreatic insufficiency. Class III and IV have some chloride ion transport but function improperly (to really simplify it). Interestingly, class is not an indicator of pulmonary symptoms but there is some research out there that suggests those in class III or higher may be less frequently colonized with pseudo a. or their colonization may happen much later.

etabetac

Is it possible she meant Class III? Classes are used to describe the extent to which the cftr is functioning or not functioning. For example if you have DeltaF508 mutation, you are a class I or II (I forget which), meaning that your cftr does not function at all. Anyway, if it is class III, Steve from Ambry might be better able to answer questions about mutation classes.

Class I through III mutations tend to have pancreatic insufficiency. Class III and IV have some chloride ion transport but function improperly (to really simplify it). Interestingly, class is not an indicator of pulmonary symptoms but there is some research out there that suggests those in class III or higher may be less frequently colonized with pseudo a. or their colonization may happen much later.

etabetac

etabetac

etabetac

A

Aspiemom

I've never heard of it used with CF, either. In cancer it refers to the severity of the cancer, how far along it is.

If I heard Stage 3, I would want to know how many stages there are!!!

A

Aspiemom

I've never heard of it used with CF, either. In cancer it refers to the severity of the cancer, how far along it is.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

sweetdeal

No...they said Stage 3. The girl is only 13...she's decided to do home schooling now due to her health. When I heard this I thought immediately of end stage. But they haven't put her in hospital which I find really strange.

sweetdeal

No...they said Stage 3. The girl is only 13...she's decided to do home schooling now due to her health. When I heard this I thought immediately of end stage. But they haven't put her in hospital which I find really strange.

sweetdeal

sweetdeal

sweetdeal