Standford vs. UCSF

arche4life

Right now I am looking to choose between UCSF and Standford medical center in California for where I will be getting my transplant. Does anyone have experience with either of these facilities that might help me make a more informed choice. Thanks

arche4life

Right now I am looking to choose between UCSF and Standford medical center in California for where I will be getting my transplant. Does anyone have experience with either of these facilities that might help me make a more informed choice. Thanks

arche4life

arche4life

arche4life

erock77

Their supposed to both be top notch as I've heard. My cf doc @ UCSF told me about a database of transplant statistics, maybe you can look into that to help. Sorry I don't know the link, your doc probably knows.
Though I do know some actual transplant recipients from Stanford, they're doing pretty well. Though Anna had to have a second transplant.
Good luck!

erock77

Their supposed to both be top notch as I've heard. My cf doc @ UCSF told me about a database of transplant statistics, maybe you can look into that to help. Sorry I don't know the link, your doc probably knows.
Though I do know some actual transplant recipients from Stanford, they're doing pretty well. Though Anna had to have a second transplant.
Good luck!

erock77

Good luck!

erock77

Good luck!

erock77

<br />Though I do know some actual transplant recipients from Stanford, they're doing pretty well. Though Anna had to have a second transplant.
<br />Good luck!

I had mine done on 4/25 of this year at Stanford and mine went great! Don't know about UCSF but in my opinion you can't go wrong with Stanford.

The doctors are great and everyone is very helpful and nice to you.

I had mine done on 4/25 of this year at Stanford and mine went great! Don't know about UCSF but in my opinion you can't go wrong with Stanford.

soderick

I haven't had a transplant, but I've had CF care at both UCSF and Stanford, and for overall efficiency, care, cohesiveness, communication, and reliability, Stanford is better. After my experience for routine hospitalizations and a g-tube placement, I would not want to have my transplant done at UCSF because I felt like no one would communicate effectively with me.

soderick

I haven't had a transplant, but I've had CF care at both UCSF and Stanford, and for overall efficiency, care, cohesiveness, communication, and reliability, Stanford is better. After my experience for routine hospitalizations and a g-tube placement, I would not want to have my transplant done at UCSF because I felt like no one would communicate effectively with me.

soderick

soderick

soderick