stay at home or work?

ymikhale

I have a nanny for my 2 y/o w/cf. We share the nanny with another family for financial reasons. We came up with an arrangement that if one of the kids is sick, the family in question takes over his childcare. In spite of all these precautions, my dd caught many colds this year, i have no clue why.
<br />our hospital also told us no daycare b/c until they are 3 their immune system is immature.

schmj4910

Yes, it does get easier! You will find a routine and schedule that work for you. Some days will be a breeze and others days will be very depressing. But, you will get through it!

I am a stay-at-home mom. It's funny when people ask me that because I never even consider it. To me, I am taking care of our (foster) son. We own a retail business, so before CF, I worked there and part-time at a bank. Currently, my husband runs the business and has a full-time job elsewhere. So we have always been very busy. We made the decision for me to stay at home and never had any second thoughts since then.

The germ factor is the major concern about any sort of day care. No one is really as concerned as the parents. Next concern is the nutrition. Right now your baby is young, so it is probably just enzymes and a bottle. But, as your child gets older, the meals and snacks have to be high calorie and it will be difficult for a day care center to provide adequate food. Another concern would be the fact that you might bring home sickness from your job.

If you are able to financially, you should definitely stay home. Collin will be a lot healthier because of it.

schmj4910

Yes, it does get easier! You will find a routine and schedule that work for you. Some days will be a breeze and others days will be very depressing. But, you will get through it!

I am a stay-at-home mom. It's funny when people ask me that because I never even consider it. To me, I am taking care of our (foster) son. We own a retail business, so before CF, I worked there and part-time at a bank. Currently, my husband runs the business and has a full-time job elsewhere. So we have always been very busy. We made the decision for me to stay at home and never had any second thoughts since then.

The germ factor is the major concern about any sort of day care. No one is really as concerned as the parents. Next concern is the nutrition. Right now your baby is young, so it is probably just enzymes and a bottle. But, as your child gets older, the meals and snacks have to be high calorie and it will be difficult for a day care center to provide adequate food. Another concern would be the fact that you might bring home sickness from your job.

If you are able to financially, you should definitely stay home. Collin will be a lot healthier because of it.

schmj4910

<br />
<br />I am a stay-at-home mom. It's funny when people ask me that because I never even consider it. To me, I am taking care of our (foster) son. We own a retail business, so before CF, I worked there and part-time at a bank. Currently, my husband runs the business and has a full-time job elsewhere. So we have always been very busy. We made the decision for me to stay at home and never had any second thoughts since then.
<br />
<br />The germ factor is the major concern about any sort of day care. No one is really as concerned as the parents. Next concern is the nutrition. Right now your baby is young, so it is probably just enzymes and a bottle. But, as your child gets older, the meals and snacks have to be high calorie and it will be difficult for a day care center to provide adequate food. Another concern would be the fact that you might bring home sickness from your job.
<br />
<br />If you are able to financially, you should definitely stay home. Collin will be a lot healthier because of it.

Hi,
I decided to bring my work to home - mainly through interent and phones - I still work with my previous employee and found a new one also. As a designer I work with the computer anyway. I earn less however since I'm always here for Joanna. We chose that my husband - runs his own buissness - earned more so he would be providing for us mostly. However my mom comes to help me with kids till 2p.m. every day.
We have an obligatory state ensurance here - that - if you worked and gave birth - you get about 90% of your allowance every month from the state for 22 weeks after birth.
It was not an easy decision - I liked the design studio I worked in.
In 1,5 years Joanna will have to go to preschool - so I guess I'll stay till the younger goes to preschool and then decide whether to change this or not - it will all depend on the health of the older and my buisness at home - will it bring money or not - I guess.

Hi,
I decided to bring my work to home - mainly through interent and phones - I still work with my previous employee and found a new one also. As a designer I work with the computer anyway. I earn less however since I'm always here for Joanna. We chose that my husband - runs his own buissness - earned more so he would be providing for us mostly. However my mom comes to help me with kids till 2p.m. every day.
We have an obligatory state ensurance here - that - if you worked and gave birth - you get about 90% of your allowance every month from the state for 22 weeks after birth.
It was not an easy decision - I liked the design studio I worked in.
In 1,5 years Joanna will have to go to preschool - so I guess I'll stay till the younger goes to preschool and then decide whether to change this or not - it will all depend on the health of the older and my buisness at home - will it bring money or not - I guess.

Hi,
<br />I decided to bring my work to home - mainly through interent and phones - I still work with my previous employee and found a new one also. As a designer I work with the computer anyway. I earn less however since I'm always here for Joanna. We chose that my husband - runs his own buissness - earned more so he would be providing for us mostly. However my mom comes to help me with kids till 2p.m. every day.
<br />We have an obligatory state ensurance here - that - if you worked and gave birth - you get about 90% of your allowance every month from the state for 22 weeks after birth.
<br />It was not an easy decision - I liked the design studio I worked in.
<br />In 1,5 years Joanna will have to go to preschool - so I guess I'll stay till the younger goes to preschool and then decide whether to change this or not - it will all depend on the health of the older and my buisness at home - will it bring money or not - I guess.