Still Alive

Lilith

Hello, guys. Long time no talk to. For anyone that may have wondered, I've been in the hospital pretty much non-stop since June 30th, when my right lung suddenly collapsed. My blood oxygen plunged to 58%. I should have died, or at the very least gone unconscious. I was getting out of the shower one minute, and the next I couldn't breathe. Thank god Rick was around. That ended up being my first ambulance ride...

Since then, my lungs have collapsed five times (right twice, left three times). I've had seven chest tubes, and was on Dilodid (sp?) consistantly for 60 days. I went home after my fourth collapse fully prepared to die at home. I was on hospice care for two weeks before my doctor convinced me to pursue lung transplantation. So, I've done the work-up, and I'm waiting for the phone to ring.

What a dramatic change from three months ago...

There's a lot more to my story, but I don't want to bore anyone. Just wanted you all to know that I'm still up and around, and I was devestated when I read about Debbi passing... It drove a lot home for me...

Anyway, I hope everyone else is well. I'll update you when I can!

Lilith

Hello, guys. Long time no talk to. For anyone that may have wondered, I've been in the hospital pretty much non-stop since June 30th, when my right lung suddenly collapsed. My blood oxygen plunged to 58%. I should have died, or at the very least gone unconscious. I was getting out of the shower one minute, and the next I couldn't breathe. Thank god Rick was around. That ended up being my first ambulance ride...

Since then, my lungs have collapsed five times (right twice, left three times). I've had seven chest tubes, and was on Dilodid (sp?) consistantly for 60 days. I went home after my fourth collapse fully prepared to die at home. I was on hospice care for two weeks before my doctor convinced me to pursue lung transplantation. So, I've done the work-up, and I'm waiting for the phone to ring.

There's a lot more to my story, but I don't want to bore anyone. Just wanted you all to know that I'm still up and around, and I was devestated when I read about Debbi passing... It drove a lot home for me...

Lilith

Lilith

Lilith

lightNlife

Thank you for checking in. You've been walking a long, long road. You must be exhausted from the effort. I'm so glad you have Rick with you to encourage and support you.

We're here for you too. I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers.

All the best,
Lauren

lightNlife

Thank you for checking in. You've been walking a long, long road. You must be exhausted from the effort. I'm so glad you have Rick with you to encourage and support you.

All the best,
Lauren

lightNlife

All the best,
Lauren

lightNlife

All the best,
Lauren

lightNlife

All the best,
Lauren

JazzysMom

DANG woman!

So sorry to hear you have had such problems. My thoughts & love are always with you. I am glad you were able to check in. The unknown for us is awful.

HUGS

JazzysMom

DANG woman!

So sorry to hear you have had such problems. My thoughts & love are always with you. I am glad you were able to check in. The unknown for us is awful.

HUGS

JazzysMom

DANG woman!

HUGS

JazzysMom

DANG woman!

HUGS

JazzysMom

DANG woman!

HUGS

kayleesgrandma

Ok, this is why we want a designated person to contact us when things are happening to a member here!!!!!

Please, Please, Please, show Rick how to get on here and let us know next time!

The prayers of this group are pretty powerful--Lindsey "felt" them. There are so many members now, and we are all busy, so we tend to not remeber who has, or hasn't posted...

I am so sorry for all you have been through, and what your family has been through!!! Poor Rick--his hair must be white by now! You are one incredible fighter!!! That inner strength you have, makes you an excellent candidate for transplant--you are amazing--the "comeback girl"!!!!

kayleesgrandma

Ok, this is why we want a designated person to contact us when things are happening to a member here!!!!!

The prayers of this group are pretty powerful--Lindsey "felt" them. There are so many members now, and we are all busy, so we tend to not remeber who has, or hasn't posted...

I am so sorry for all you have been through, and what your family has been through!!! Poor Rick--his hair must be white by now! You are one incredible fighter!!! That inner strength you have, makes you an excellent candidate for transplant--you are amazing--the "comeback girl"!!!!

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma