Stupid coments that tick you off

Seana30

As most of you know Courtney really struggles with her weight. She is 95 pounds and is 5 feet 4 inches tall.

I drives me crazy when complete strangers will say "don't you feed that child"

Before Courtney was diagnosed at the age of 10, during one of the girls summer visits with their dad, he took Courtney to the doctors office and said he thought I was starving her. HELLO....I had been telling him for years something was wrong with Courtney's health but all the docs kept saying she was fine, it was all in her head!

Seana

Seana30

As most of you know Courtney really struggles with her weight. She is 95 pounds and is 5 feet 4 inches tall.

Before Courtney was diagnosed at the age of 10, during one of the girls summer visits with their dad, he took Courtney to the doctors office and said he thought I was starving her. HELLO....I had been telling him for years something was wrong with Courtney's health but all the docs kept saying she was fine, it was all in her head!

Seana

Seana30

Seana

Seana30

Seana

Seana30

<br />
<br />I drives me crazy when complete strangers will say "don't you feed that child"
<br />
<br />Before Courtney was diagnosed at the age of 10, during one of the girls summer visits with their dad, he took Courtney to the doctors office and said he thought I was starving her. HELLO....I had been telling him for years something was wrong with Courtney's health but all the docs kept saying she was fine, it was all in her head!
<br />
<br />Seana

Sakem

I have several people refer to my son's CF by calling it cerebal palsay.....not any offense to someone with CP, but hello...it's not the same. Anymore I guess it doesn't bother me as much, I just know they don't know any better, and look at a way to bring awareness of what CF is

Sakem

I have several people refer to my son's CF by calling it cerebal palsay.....not any offense to someone with CP, but hello...it's not the same. Anymore I guess it doesn't bother me as much, I just know they don't know any better, and look at a way to bring awareness of what CF is

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

Nightwriter

PedsNP, your doctor's comment was truly the flip side of my doctor's -- who also thought he was being funny.

Most people's comments don't ever bother me. Maybe I think it would be weird if I were coughing my brains out and they didn't say something. But when people cross over a line it just gives me an opportunity to give them a backatcha remark.

However, after reading all the comments on here it is truly insensitive and deliberate when someone has a life threatening illness, and your DOCTOR or other medical personnel toss off thoughtless remarks. They should know better.

Nightwriter

PedsNP, your doctor's comment was truly the flip side of my doctor's -- who also thought he was being funny.

Most people's comments don't ever bother me. Maybe I think it would be weird if I were coughing my brains out and they didn't say something. But when people cross over a line it just gives me an opportunity to give them a backatcha remark.

However, after reading all the comments on here it is truly insensitive and deliberate when someone has a life threatening illness, and your DOCTOR or other medical personnel toss off thoughtless remarks. They should know better.

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

<br />
<br />Most people's comments don't ever bother me. Maybe I think it would be weird if I were coughing my brains out and they didn't say something. But when people cross over a line it just gives me an opportunity to give them a backatcha remark.
<br />
<br />However, after reading all the comments on here it is truly insensitive and deliberate when someone has a life threatening illness, and your DOCTOR or other medical personnel toss off thoughtless remarks. They should know better.

ej0820

omg...health care professionals are sometimes the worst! A few hospitalizations ago there was a nurse on the cf floor. He was really nice but kind of weird. One day he struck up a conversation with me about what I was going to school for and stuff like that. I'm going for lab work and he mentioned that he thought all us cfers should become nurses on the cf floor... "I mean, you guys already know so much, the director would hire any one of you!" I SURE HOPE NOT! As much as it would connect me with someone, I don't want someone with cf in my hospital room...if I have to wear a mask so no one else gets sick, how could I be their nurse and vice versa?!?!

ej0820

omg...health care professionals are sometimes the worst! A few hospitalizations ago there was a nurse on the cf floor. He was really nice but kind of weird. One day he struck up a conversation with me about what I was going to school for and stuff like that. I'm going for lab work and he mentioned that he thought all us cfers should become nurses on the cf floor... "I mean, you guys already know so much, the director would hire any one of you!" I SURE HOPE NOT! As much as it would connect me with someone, I don't want someone with cf in my hospital room...if I have to wear a mask so no one else gets sick, how could I be their nurse and vice versa?!?!

ej0820

ej0820

ej0820