Stupid coments that tick you off

JennifersHope

This is so funny and so great that we have a place to say these things....

The most recent came from a cardiac surgeon that I was working with, I was coughing in his case because we were laughing.... and anyway, we went on with the case but I was still coughing ( trying hard to supress it) and the doctor turned around to me and said, " Since you won't have CF in your new lungs if you were to get a transplant, why don't you just call them up and tell them you want lungs now?"

That is from a heart surgeon... so my smarty pants response was, would you call them for me and get the room ready .. I guess he figures it doens't matter your pfts etc if you have CF you should get new lungs now... and of course he wasnt thinking of the effects of a transplant and all they have to do.

Anyway.. I always get but you look so good, of course I have red cheeks, I am on more steroids then you can imagine.. of course even though my vitamin levels are horrid I am overweight, take steroids.

anyway...

JennifersHope

The most recent came from a cardiac surgeon that I was working with, I was coughing in his case because we were laughing.... and anyway, we went on with the case but I was still coughing ( trying hard to supress it) and the doctor turned around to me and said, " Since you won't have CF in your new lungs if you were to get a transplant, why don't you just call them up and tell them you want lungs now?"

That is from a heart surgeon... so my smarty pants response was, would you call them for me and get the room ready .. I guess he figures it doens't matter your pfts etc if you have CF you should get new lungs now... and of course he wasnt thinking of the effects of a transplant and all they have to do.

Anyway.. I always get but you look so good, of course I have red cheeks, I am on more steroids then you can imagine.. of course even though my vitamin levels are horrid I am overweight, take steroids.

anyway...

JennifersHope

anyway...

JennifersHope

anyway...

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />The most recent came from a cardiac surgeon that I was working with, I was coughing in his case because we were laughing.... and anyway, we went on with the case but I was still coughing ( trying hard to supress it) and the doctor turned around to me and said, " Since you won't have CF in your new lungs if you were to get a transplant, why don't you just call them up and tell them you want lungs now?"
<br />
<br />That is from a heart surgeon... so my smarty pants response was, would you call them for me and get the room ready .. I guess he figures it doens't matter your pfts etc if you have CF you should get new lungs now... and of course he wasnt thinking of the effects of a transplant and all they have to do.
<br />
<br />Anyway.. I always get but you look so good, of course I have red cheeks, I am on more steroids then you can imagine.. of course even though my vitamin levels are horrid I am overweight, take steroids.
<br />
<br />anyway...

soderick

My favorite is definitely when people hear me cough and ask, "Oh, are you getting sick?" I usually say no, and leave it at that.

I used to work part time as a gas station clerk in high school, so everyone assumed I was a smoker (as all my co-workers were). A few people came up to me and said, "You know, you wouldn't cough like that if you laid off the smokes." One guy did it so many times, I finally got angry with him and told him I have a genetic disease that will likely kill me one day. Harsh, but effective.

soderick

My favorite is definitely when people hear me cough and ask, "Oh, are you getting sick?" I usually say no, and leave it at that.

I used to work part time as a gas station clerk in high school, so everyone assumed I was a smoker (as all my co-workers were). A few people came up to me and said, "You know, you wouldn't cough like that if you laid off the smokes." One guy did it so many times, I finally got angry with him and told him I have a genetic disease that will likely kill me one day. Harsh, but effective.

soderick

soderick

soderick

<br />
<br />I used to work part time as a gas station clerk in high school, so everyone assumed I was a smoker (as all my co-workers were). A few people came up to me and said, "You know, you wouldn't cough like that if you laid off the smokes." One guy did it so many times, I finally got angry with him and told him I have a genetic disease that will likely kill me one day. Harsh, but effective.

PedsNP2007

Nightwriter... I have the opposite...
A chicago CF dr told me when I was 18, heading to college, that I was his "chunky" patient... Why do you say that to a 5'0, 18 year old girl???? Needless to say, I am no longer his pt.

Jenn
30 yo

PedsNP2007

A chicago CF dr told me when I was 18, heading to college, that I was his "chunky" patient... Why do you say that to a 5'0, 18 year old girl???? Needless to say, I am no longer his pt.

Jenn
30 yo

PedsNP2007

Jenn
30 yo

PedsNP2007

Jenn
30 yo

PedsNP2007

<br />A chicago CF dr told me when I was 18, heading to college, that I was his "chunky" patient... Why do you say that to a 5'0, 18 year old girl???? Needless to say, I am no longer his pt.
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />30 yo