Stupid coments that tick you off

Nightwriter

The worst thing anyone ever said to me came from my former doctor. I was in a fast decline and when he couldn't help me, out of desperation, I tried different kinds of alternative medicine including 2 different "healing" diets. My weight dropped to 96 pounds at 5'4.

When I went back to my doctor he said, "You look like you're right out of Aushwitz." I knew I looked bad, but knowing he couldn't help me, and it seemed like no one could -- his thoughtless comment shook me to my soul.

Nightwriter

The worst thing anyone ever said to me came from my former doctor. I was in a fast decline and when he couldn't help me, out of desperation, I tried different kinds of alternative medicine including 2 different "healing" diets. My weight dropped to 96 pounds at 5'4.

When I went back to my doctor he said, "You look like you're right out of Aushwitz." I knew I looked bad, but knowing he couldn't help me, and it seemed like no one could -- his thoughtless comment shook me to my soul.

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

<br />
<br />When I went back to my doctor he said, "You look like you're right out of Aushwitz." I knew I looked bad, but knowing he couldn't help me, and it seemed like no one could -- his thoughtless comment shook me to my soul.

sweetdeal

My husband and I were in Toronto for a week-long lung transplant assessment. Trust me, everyone in my home town (as it's so freaking small) knows we were only there for one week.
My husband (and my parents and in-laws) get asked all the time how the transplant went. I swear when I get that question I'm going to say "It was awesome, I got the exact lungs I had picked out from the catelogue AND it only took a week to get in, get the lungs and get out". Idiots.....please.

sweetdeal

My husband and I were in Toronto for a week-long lung transplant assessment. Trust me, everyone in my home town (as it's so freaking small) knows we were only there for one week.
My husband (and my parents and in-laws) get asked all the time how the transplant went. I swear when I get that question I'm going to say "It was awesome, I got the exact lungs I had picked out from the catelogue AND it only took a week to get in, get the lungs and get out". Idiots.....please.

sweetdeal

sweetdeal

sweetdeal

jdubbs

Wow. Nightwriter's is the winner for most appalling, for so many reasons. I'm glad you found a new doctor.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Nightwriter</b></i>

When I went back to my doctor he said, "You look like you're right out of Aushwitz." I knew I looked bad, but knowing he couldn't help me, and it seemed like no one could -- his thoughtless comment shook me to my soul.</end quote></div>

jdubbs

Wow. Nightwriter's is the winner for most appalling, for so many reasons. I'm glad you found a new doctor.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Nightwriter</b></i>

When I went back to my doctor he said, "You look like you're right out of Aushwitz." I knew I looked bad, but knowing he couldn't help me, and it seemed like no one could -- his thoughtless comment shook me to my soul.</end quote></div>

jdubbs

jdubbs

When I went back to my doctor he said, "You look like you're right out of Aushwitz." I knew I looked bad, but knowing he couldn't help me, and it seemed like no one could -- his thoughtless comment shook me to my soul.</end quote>

jdubbs

<br />
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Nightwriter</b></i>
<br />
<br />The worst thing anyone ever said to me came from my former doctor. I was in a fast decline and when he couldn't help me, out of desperation, I tried different kinds of alternative medicine including 2 different "healing" diets. My weight dropped to 96 pounds at 5'4.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />When I went back to my doctor he said, "You look like you're right out of Aushwitz." I knew I looked bad, but knowing he couldn't help me, and it seemed like no one could -- his thoughtless comment shook me to my soul.</end quote>
<br />
<br />

JazzysMom

Out of all the stupid comments over the years (from commoners & the medical field) I think the one that sticks in my mind is from my own cousin.....she is older & has been a RN for years.

I had just gotten out of the hospital one time & saw her shortly after. She asked how things were & I said OK for now. I just got out of the hospital. She looked puzzled & said "you still have THAT issue".

THe fact that she isnt an RN in CF I accept, but the gene could potentially be running through her (not aware of any testing) & if nothing else she should know its Genetic so it doesnt go away.

One other time was my former neighbor's Mom found out I had CF. She looked at me & said "WHy are you still alive" I was floored, but looked her right in her eyes & said GOOD QUESTION!

There is also a running joke with the former Senior Therapist at my clinic. She would always say "you look good" no matter how bad you looked. If anything you probably looked worse the better she said you looked LOL! Hers is truly from the heart, but still comical!

JazzysMom

Out of all the stupid comments over the years (from commoners & the medical field) I think the one that sticks in my mind is from my own cousin.....she is older & has been a RN for years.

I had just gotten out of the hospital one time & saw her shortly after. She asked how things were & I said OK for now. I just got out of the hospital. She looked puzzled & said "you still have THAT issue".

THe fact that she isnt an RN in CF I accept, but the gene could potentially be running through her (not aware of any testing) & if nothing else she should know its Genetic so it doesnt go away.

One other time was my former neighbor's Mom found out I had CF. She looked at me & said "WHy are you still alive" I was floored, but looked her right in her eyes & said GOOD QUESTION!

There is also a running joke with the former Senior Therapist at my clinic. She would always say "you look good" no matter how bad you looked. If anything you probably looked worse the better she said you looked LOL! Hers is truly from the heart, but still comical!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I had just gotten out of the hospital one time & saw her shortly after. She asked how things were & I said OK for now. I just got out of the hospital. She looked puzzled & said "you still have THAT issue".
<br />
<br />THe fact that she isnt an RN in CF I accept, but the gene could potentially be running through her (not aware of any testing) & if nothing else she should know its Genetic so it doesnt go away.
<br />
<br />One other time was my former neighbor's Mom found out I had CF. She looked at me & said "WHy are you still alive" I was floored, but looked her right in her eyes & said GOOD QUESTION!
<br />
<br />There is also a running joke with the former Senior Therapist at my clinic. She would always say "you look good" no matter how bad you looked. If anything you probably looked worse the better she said you looked LOL! Hers is truly from the heart, but still comical!