Summer Heat

jimiv

Apparently someone moved the sun about 5 million miles closer. Does anyone out there do things to address the heat other than pushing fluids and breaks and shade? Parker seems to have periods where he gets overheated then will have trouble keeping his weight. We pick up the volume on his tube feeding and it corrects itself but the yo-yo can't be good for him. Ideas????

jimiv

Apparently someone moved the sun about 5 million miles closer. Does anyone out there do things to address the heat other than pushing fluids and breaks and shade? Parker seems to have periods where he gets overheated then will have trouble keeping his weight. We pick up the volume on his tube feeding and it corrects itself but the yo-yo can't be good for him. Ideas????

jimiv

jimiv

jimiv

TestifyToLove

M spends most of the summer indoors. We're in a large city. When the air quality hits orange, he doesn't go out in it. I keep the a/c set. And, when he does go out in the heat, I just skip the water and start plying him with sports drinks.

M seems to have a bizarre heat intolerance in the heat of summer. I've never heard it being normal to the level he struggles. But, if he runs out of sports drinks, you can literally watch his color change, his breathing get labored and him go into a total meltdown. Water consumption makes no difference in the change.

TestifyToLove

M spends most of the summer indoors. We're in a large city. When the air quality hits orange, he doesn't go out in it. I keep the a/c set. And, when he does go out in the heat, I just skip the water and start plying him with sports drinks.

M seems to have a bizarre heat intolerance in the heat of summer. I've never heard it being normal to the level he struggles. But, if he runs out of sports drinks, you can literally watch his color change, his breathing get labored and him go into a total meltdown. Water consumption makes no difference in the change.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />M seems to have a bizarre heat intolerance in the heat of summer. I've never heard it being normal to the level he struggles. But, if he runs out of sports drinks, you can literally watch his color change, his breathing get labored and him go into a total meltdown. Water consumption makes no difference in the change.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS is quite a bit younger, but he spends a fair amount of time outdoors. His daycare goes to parks, for walks, is out on the playground daily. He's also been enrolled in park board activities -- baseball, tennis, etc.

With his daycare, they used to carry crackers and water just for him, now they sent along a salt shaker. He craves salt and knows to ask for it.

I used to make sure he had gatorade at home, but he prefers water and something salty or will salt his own snacks. He's always been a finicky eater, but a good snacker, so I make sure we have a good variety of choices in terms of salty snacks. Lately on the way to gymnastics, his request has been slices of cheese.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS is quite a bit younger, but he spends a fair amount of time outdoors. His daycare goes to parks, for walks, is out on the playground daily. He's also been enrolled in park board activities -- baseball, tennis, etc.

With his daycare, they used to carry crackers and water just for him, now they sent along a salt shaker. He craves salt and knows to ask for it.

I used to make sure he had gatorade at home, but he prefers water and something salty or will salt his own snacks. He's always been a finicky eater, but a good snacker, so I make sure we have a good variety of choices in terms of salty snacks. Lately on the way to gymnastics, his request has been slices of cheese.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />With his daycare, they used to carry crackers and water just for him, now they sent along a salt shaker. He craves salt and knows to ask for it.
<br />
<br />I used to make sure he had gatorade at home, but he prefers water and something salty or will salt his own snacks. He's always been a finicky eater, but a good snacker, so I make sure we have a good variety of choices in terms of salty snacks. Lately on the way to gymnastics, his request has been slices of cheese.

Brad

From a Ole Guys point.. i think someone moved the Sun closer.
This Summer seems to be hotter and harder on me than I ever remember...

I stay in more than I used to and tend to go out early in the morning
or later in the evening. I also drink lots of Fluids , G2 and Water..
Also if your on Antibiotics the direst sun seems to draw energy right
out of me..

My Mother tells me that when I was a young child I would run
to the point of almost passing out in the summer ( before DX ) .
I kinda grew out of that when I got older, but it seems to be back.

I know a lot won't agree. But i am a firm believer in Global Warming.
We almost have no real winter like we had when I was younger.
We had Tons of Snow here in the 60's 70's and 80's.. I noticed a real
change in the 90's. now we get almost no snow and the Sun seems
to be mush hotter on my skin..

So the Sun has remained in it's prober place, were just poking
holes in the O zone layer letting in stronger Rays..

The Key is Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate !!!

Brad

out of me..

Brad

out of me..

Brad

out of me..

Brad

<br /> This Summer seems to be hotter and harder on me than I ever remember...
<br />
<br /> I stay in more than I used to and tend to go out early in the morning
<br /> or later in the evening. I also drink lots of Fluids , G2 and Water..
<br /> Also if your on Antibiotics the direst sun seems to draw energy right
<br /> out of me..
<br />
<br /> My Mother tells me that when I was a young child I would run
<br /> to the point of almost passing out in the summer ( before DX ) .
<br /> I kinda grew out of that when I got older, but it seems to be back.
<br />
<br /> I know a lot won't agree. But i am a firm believer in Global Warming.
<br /> We almost have no real winter like we had when I was younger.
<br /> We had Tons of Snow here in the 60's 70's and 80's.. I noticed a real
<br /> change in the 90's. now we get almost no snow and the Sun seems
<br /> to be mush hotter on my skin..
<br />
<br /> So the Sun has remained in it's prober place, were just poking
<br /> holes in the O zone layer letting in stronger Rays..
<br />
<br /> The Key is Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate !!!