Summer Heat

S

sdelorenzo

Testifytolove-you are right about the water and sports drinks. I learned something interesting about heat and cfers a few weeks ago when my 11 yr old nephew with cf got pretty sick from being outside in the Texas heat for a golf tournament. He got tired of drinking the gatorade and started drinking water instead. Fast forward two days and he became disoriented, collapsed and was hospitalized. Turns out he needed the potassium and electrolytes from the sports drinks and water doesn't have it. I had no idea.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 5 months no cf, aunt to Joseph, 11 with cf

S

sdelorenzo

Testifytolove-you are right about the water and sports drinks. I learned something interesting about heat and cfers a few weeks ago when my 11 yr old nephew with cf got pretty sick from being outside in the Texas heat for a golf tournament. He got tired of drinking the gatorade and started drinking water instead. Fast forward two days and he became disoriented, collapsed and was hospitalized. Turns out he needed the potassium and electrolytes from the sports drinks and water doesn't have it. I had no idea.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 5 months no cf, aunt to Joseph, 11 with cf

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 5 months no cf, aunt to Joseph, 11 with cf

J

juls

We live in the Mojave desert in CA. So far, our summer has actually been mild...meaning nothing over 110, yet! Usually we have hit the 110 mark by this time in July!

Taylor just finished a soccer camp last week and lots of water and gatorade got her through just fine. We try to stay out of the afternoon heat. Her camp was from 7:30 - 10:30 in the morning.

J

juls

We live in the Mojave desert in CA. So far, our summer has actually been mild...meaning nothing over 110, yet! Usually we have hit the 110 mark by this time in July!

Taylor just finished a soccer camp last week and lots of water and gatorade got her through just fine. We try to stay out of the afternoon heat. Her camp was from 7:30 - 10:30 in the morning.

J

juls

J

juls

J

juls

<br />
<br />Taylor just finished a soccer camp last week and lots of water and gatorade got her through just fine. We try to stay out of the afternoon heat. Her camp was from 7:30 - 10:30 in the morning.

M

mneville

Aidan struggles in the hot weather too. Thank God it's been cool so far in NJ. Plus we live 2 minutes from the beach and go there constantly. When Aidan is in direct sun, we use alot of pretzels and Gatorade. If he gets too hot, his color also changes and his behavior gets NUTS. We actually had him tested for diabetes b/c it was so severe. That was negative so it is just the way he reacts to heat. It kinda sucks because I can't put him in the soccer camp that he wanted b/c it' smack in the middle of the day and I never know if it will be too hot. Thank goodness he loves to swim!

megan

M

mneville

Aidan struggles in the hot weather too. Thank God it's been cool so far in NJ. Plus we live 2 minutes from the beach and go there constantly. When Aidan is in direct sun, we use alot of pretzels and Gatorade. If he gets too hot, his color also changes and his behavior gets NUTS. We actually had him tested for diabetes b/c it was so severe. That was negative so it is just the way he reacts to heat. It kinda sucks because I can't put him in the soccer camp that he wanted b/c it' smack in the middle of the day and I never know if it will be too hot. Thank goodness he loves to swim!

megan

M

mneville

megan

M

mneville

megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />megan