Surgical Scars

Z

zeeannie

My daughter had meconium ileus that perforated and had surgery immediately after she was born. The scar pretty much spans her belly right above her bellybutton. The scar is such that it makes a big crease right across her abdomen so she has a pouch below and a bulge above. She's eleven now and is starting to be self conscious about it. Even with with a one piece bathing suit you can see that her belly is shaped funny. Has anyone have something similar and what do you do about it? Has anyone had corrective surgery because of it? I'll probably ask her docs about it at some point, but I'm waiting on it for now.

Z

zeeannie

My daughter had meconium ileus that perforated and had surgery immediately after she was born. The scar pretty much spans her belly right above her bellybutton. The scar is such that it makes a big crease right across her abdomen so she has a pouch below and a bulge above. She's eleven now and is starting to be self conscious about it. Even with with a one piece bathing suit you can see that her belly is shaped funny. Has anyone have something similar and what do you do about it? Has anyone had corrective surgery because of it? I'll probably ask her docs about it at some point, but I'm waiting on it for now.

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

Lance2020x

I have pretty much the exact same scar.
I was born with an intestinal blockage and the doctors applied too much pressure on my barium enema and it burst my intestines. So, the day I was born they had to open me up, take out all my little intestines and clean everything out (still, to this day when I get x-rayed below the nexk the doctors freak out if I forget to explain ahead of time).
I have exactly the same thing, scar exactly above my belly button going across my belly. Honestly... there nothing I've heard of that can be done. As she grows, it will get smaller (actually she'll just be getting bigger) and much less noticeable, but it will always be there, and it will always be much harder to get nice looking abs (believe me, I was a stage actor dancer, this was REALLY upsetting for me). You just... have to do twice as many crunches/cardio, and start making up more interesting completely unbelievable stories ("I used to way 1,500 pounds, I had a tummy tuck" - "I was attacked by a pack of wolverines in Florida. Yeah, they do exist down there."). But... life goes on. I hate that she has to go through that, it must be harder as a girl, mine doesn't pooch out a whole lot anymore unless I've been slacking on the gym, but it did when I was about her age and I was slightly pudgy, it just looked like I had fat rolls when I wasn't nearly pudgy enough to have fat rolls.
No matter how much time I spend working out or trying to look thin and fit, it still looks like fat rolls when ever I lean forward without a shirt. It's just.... yet another thing you get used to dealing with. I'm sorry for her, wish I could tell her some awesome trick for it :-(

Lance2020x

I was born with an intestinal blockage and the doctors applied too much pressure on my barium enema and it burst my intestines. So, the day I was born they had to open me up, take out all my little intestines and clean everything out (still, to this day when I get x-rayed below the nexk the doctors freak out if I forget to explain ahead of time).
I have exactly the same thing, scar exactly above my belly button going across my belly. Honestly... there nothing I've heard of that can be done. As she grows, it will get smaller (actually she'll just be getting bigger) and much less noticeable, but it will always be there, and it will always be much harder to get nice looking abs (believe me, I was a stage actor dancer, this was REALLY upsetting for me). You just... have to do twice as many crunches/cardio, and start making up more interesting completely unbelievable stories ("I used to way 1,500 pounds, I had a tummy tuck" - "I was attacked by a pack of wolverines in Florida. Yeah, they do exist down there."). But... life goes on. I hate that she has to go through that, it must be harder as a girl, mine doesn't pooch out a whole lot anymore unless I've been slacking on the gym, but it did when I was about her age and I was slightly pudgy, it just looked like I had fat rolls when I wasn't nearly pudgy enough to have fat rolls.
No matter how much time I spend working out or trying to look thin and fit, it still looks like fat rolls when ever I lean forward without a shirt. It's just.... yet another thing you get used to dealing with. I'm sorry for her, wish I could tell her some awesome trick for it :-(

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

<br />I was born with an intestinal blockage and the doctors applied too much pressure on my barium enema and it burst my intestines. So, the day I was born they had to open me up, take out all my little intestines and clean everything out (still, to this day when I get x-rayed below the nexk the doctors freak out if I forget to explain ahead of time).
<br />I have exactly the same thing, scar exactly above my belly button going across my belly. Honestly... there nothing I've heard of that can be done. As she grows, it will get smaller (actually she'll just be getting bigger) and much less noticeable, but it will always be there, and it will always be much harder to get nice looking abs (believe me, I was a stage actor dancer, this was REALLY upsetting for me). You just... have to do twice as many crunches/cardio, and start making up more interesting completely unbelievable stories ("I used to way 1,500 pounds, I had a tummy tuck" - "I was attacked by a pack of wolverines in Florida. Yeah, they do exist down there."). But... life goes on. I hate that she has to go through that, it must be harder as a girl, mine doesn't pooch out a whole lot anymore unless I've been slacking on the gym, but it did when I was about her age and I was slightly pudgy, it just looked like I had fat rolls when I wasn't nearly pudgy enough to have fat rolls.
<br />No matter how much time I spend working out or trying to look thin and fit, it still looks like fat rolls when ever I lean forward without a shirt. It's just.... yet another thing you get used to dealing with. I'm sorry for her, wish I could tell her some awesome trick for it :-(

pnhuffman

Austin had surgery at 7 mos. for the miconeum ileas. His scar looked big when he was a baby and now that he has grown in doesn't look as big. He also has a few little scars where they had done a laproscopy on him first.. His is starting to blend in so you can't hardly see it.

pnhuffman

Austin had surgery at 7 mos. for the miconeum ileas. His scar looked big when he was a baby and now that he has grown in doesn't look as big. He also has a few little scars where they had done a laproscopy on him first.. His is starting to blend in so you can't hardly see it.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

Emily65Roses

I have pretty much the same scar as well (also from meconium ileus). It looks like I have rolls even though I don't because the scar cuts in and makes it look like there are layers of fat. Haha. Really, I don't do anything about it. No corrective surgery or anything. I just ignore it.

Emily65Roses

I have pretty much the same scar as well (also from meconium ileus). It looks like I have rolls even though I don't because the scar cuts in and makes it look like there are layers of fat. Haha. Really, I don't do anything about it. No corrective surgery or anything. I just ignore it.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses