Surgical Scars

Z

zeeannie

Thanks Lance, entertaining insights! Sophie is really really creative so I'm sure she can come up with some awesome stories as well! The crunches are a good idea.

I'm not surprised to hear that there are a few of you out there with the same scar. Probably that's one of the ways many got an early diagnosis, with the ileus. Good news and bad news all rolled into one.

I hope Sophie has the confidence to ignore hers as well(Emily65Roses), so far so good. We've been pretty conscientious about being "out there" about her CF, she's really open about it with her friends, so hopefully that will help when it comes to dealing with the scar.

Z

zeeannie

Thanks Lance, entertaining insights! Sophie is really really creative so I'm sure she can come up with some awesome stories as well! The crunches are a good idea.

I'm not surprised to hear that there are a few of you out there with the same scar. Probably that's one of the ways many got an early diagnosis, with the ileus. Good news and bad news all rolled into one.

I hope Sophie has the confidence to ignore hers as well(Emily65Roses), so far so good. We've been pretty conscientious about being "out there" about her CF, she's really open about it with her friends, so hopefully that will help when it comes to dealing with the scar.

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

<br />
<br />I'm not surprised to hear that there are a few of you out there with the same scar. Probably that's one of the ways many got an early diagnosis, with the ileus. Good news and bad news all rolled into one.
<br />
<br />I hope Sophie has the confidence to ignore hers as well(Emily65Roses), so far so good. We've been pretty conscientious about being "out there" about her CF, she's really open about it with her friends, so hopefully that will help when it comes to dealing with the scar.

CountryGirl

I had a lung transplant and have a port. So I have a scar from my port on my upper right chest. And then my transplant scar across my chest, under my breasts. Oh and I have four chest tube scars on my upper belly. Those kinda look like gun shot wounds that have been sewn up. I like em, and my transplant scar is right under my bra line. I was really self concsious about it at first when I wore my bathing suit. I've gotten used to it though and am kinda proud of them. It shows just how tough I am.

CountryGirl

I had a lung transplant and have a port. So I have a scar from my port on my upper right chest. And then my transplant scar across my chest, under my breasts. Oh and I have four chest tube scars on my upper belly. Those kinda look like gun shot wounds that have been sewn up. I like em, and my transplant scar is right under my bra line. I was really self concsious about it at first when I wore my bathing suit. I've gotten used to it though and am kinda proud of them. It shows just how tough I am.

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

blindhearted

I have the exact same scar for the exact same reason as your daughter. When the doctor touched my stomach, I kinda ripped open so my scar isnt straight. When I was her age, I was self conscious about it as well. As I got older, I learn to except it. I still look at it from time to time, evaluate the pooch above and below, I wonder if I can do anything about it, then just sigh and move on. As far as I know, there is nothing to be done to correct it but to except it. I had to have my gallbladder removed and due to this scar they could not do laproscopy, they actually cut into the same scar, cleaned out the scar tissue, removed the gallbladder and closed it back up while making it a little straighter. I wear baggy shirts. I wear low rise (not hip hugger) jeans, they come up right below my belly button so it does not rub against the scar. During swimsuit season, I wear a one piece that as a tummy controller in it (same with pantyhose) and a type of design to take the eye away from the tummy area (like a skirt overlay). Once she gets older and her weight shifts, it wont be as much of a problem. My scar/pooches seem to be most noticable if I eat a whole lot of food, am bloated or wear something tight (which I rarely do). It will get better, but it will take time.

blindhearted

I have the exact same scar for the exact same reason as your daughter. When the doctor touched my stomach, I kinda ripped open so my scar isnt straight. When I was her age, I was self conscious about it as well. As I got older, I learn to except it. I still look at it from time to time, evaluate the pooch above and below, I wonder if I can do anything about it, then just sigh and move on. As far as I know, there is nothing to be done to correct it but to except it. I had to have my gallbladder removed and due to this scar they could not do laproscopy, they actually cut into the same scar, cleaned out the scar tissue, removed the gallbladder and closed it back up while making it a little straighter. I wear baggy shirts. I wear low rise (not hip hugger) jeans, they come up right below my belly button so it does not rub against the scar. During swimsuit season, I wear a one piece that as a tummy controller in it (same with pantyhose) and a type of design to take the eye away from the tummy area (like a skirt overlay). Once she gets older and her weight shifts, it wont be as much of a problem. My scar/pooches seem to be most noticable if I eat a whole lot of food, am bloated or wear something tight (which I rarely do). It will get better, but it will take time.

blindhearted

blindhearted

blindhearted

Z

zeeannie

Thanks everybody, you're reminding me just how confident and tough CF'ers are! It's reassuring to hear, and I see it in Sophie too.

I found that the tops that have an empire waist and sort of 'skirt' out from there are REALLY cute on her. They're really fashionable and minimize the pooch because of the flowy nature of the body. Luckily they're kind of popular right now. I also found a one piece that has a really distracting (but cute) design that is different on the top than the bottom, so it helps minimize the appearance of the double 'roll'. It basically draws the eye up. Not what you USUALLY go for in young girls clothes!

Anyway, cheers to your confidence!

Z

zeeannie

Thanks everybody, you're reminding me just how confident and tough CF'ers are! It's reassuring to hear, and I see it in Sophie too.

I found that the tops that have an empire waist and sort of 'skirt' out from there are REALLY cute on her. They're really fashionable and minimize the pooch because of the flowy nature of the body. Luckily they're kind of popular right now. I also found a one piece that has a really distracting (but cute) design that is different on the top than the bottom, so it helps minimize the appearance of the double 'roll'. It basically draws the eye up. Not what you USUALLY go for in young girls clothes!

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

<br />
<br />I found that the tops that have an empire waist and sort of 'skirt' out from there are REALLY cute on her. They're really fashionable and minimize the pooch because of the flowy nature of the body. Luckily they're kind of popular right now. I also found a one piece that has a really distracting (but cute) design that is different on the top than the bottom, so it helps minimize the appearance of the double 'roll'. It basically draws the eye up. Not what you USUALLY go for in young girls clothes!
<br />
<br />Anyway, cheers to your confidence!