swallowing enzymes

OperaMama

The straw thing sounds good, so I will study it again to give it a try, although we've kinda done something similar in a pinch. Meanwhile, France will swallow his three or two from a spoon with a little beverage of whatever kind on it.

Francis, too, starts Kindergarten tomorrow, but it's only a half day with only pretzels for a snack, so I'm not facing the school lunch/nurse thing for another year.

OperaMama

The straw thing sounds good, so I will study it again to give it a try, although we've kinda done something similar in a pinch. Meanwhile, France will swallow his three or two from a spoon with a little beverage of whatever kind on it.

Francis, too, starts Kindergarten tomorrow, but it's only a half day with only pretzels for a snack, so I'm not facing the school lunch/nurse thing for another year.

OperaMama

OperaMama

OperaMama

acesspade

Hello, I was able to get my 5yr old to do it starting with the mini M&Ms first. I didn't even mention we were going to practice swallowing pills. I told him we were going to play a new game...we were both going to try and eat the M&Ms without chewing them. He would pt them in his mouth one at a time and just take a drink and they went right down. After a few rounds of the game I then showed him that the M&Ms were just like pills and that he could already do it like a big boy since he could win at the M&M game. I think making it a game helped. I hope this works for you.

acesspade

Hello, I was able to get my 5yr old to do it starting with the mini M&Ms first. I didn't even mention we were going to practice swallowing pills. I told him we were going to play a new game...we were both going to try and eat the M&Ms without chewing them. He would pt them in his mouth one at a time and just take a drink and they went right down. After a few rounds of the game I then showed him that the M&Ms were just like pills and that he could already do it like a big boy since he could win at the M&M game. I think making it a game helped. I hope this works for you.

acesspade

acesspade

acesspade

MOME2RT

Thank you all. I will try all the suggestions. We are meeting witht he school nurse this afternoon, so we will see.

MOME2RT

Thank you all. I will try all the suggestions. We are meeting witht he school nurse this afternoon, so we will see.

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

folione

My son decided he could swallow an enzyme pill when he wanted to eat at a burger joint one day and we did not have any of his fruit with us. But day to day he still prefers to take them in applesauce & it's the only fruit he'll eat so we don't press it. I think the evidence points at the importance for the motivation to come from the tot.

folione

My son decided he could swallow an enzyme pill when he wanted to eat at a burger joint one day and we did not have any of his fruit with us. But day to day he still prefers to take them in applesauce & it's the only fruit he'll eat so we don't press it. I think the evidence points at the importance for the motivation to come from the tot.

folione

folione

folione