Sweart test results are 31

cbcmom

Thanks again Alyssa for responding. Yes, my daughtre has been seeing her pulmo since January (every 3 months) and she is from an accredited cf facility. The test was also done at that facility. It was the nurse who called on Friday and said the test was "negative". I then asked for numbers and she said 31. She was also going to e-mail our pulmo because she though that she might want us to come in earlier. We'll see. Thanks again, T

cbcmom

Thanks again Alyssa for responding. Yes, my daughtre has been seeing her pulmo since January (every 3 months) and she is from an accredited cf facility. The test was also done at that facility. It was the nurse who called on Friday and said the test was "negative". I then asked for numbers and she said 31. She was also going to e-mail our pulmo because she though that she might want us to come in earlier. We'll see. Thanks again, T

cbcmom

cbcmom

cbcmom

cbcmom

Here's an update. Pulmo sent us to ENT. He was about 90 yrs old, and never read our chart or physically examined my daughter. Never let me speak and asked three times who sent us there and why we were there. He said every resp. issue she has had since age 1 was reflux. Needless to say, bad visit. He ordered another ENT to do some scopes, biopsy, and cultures.

Just found out, no reflux damage to esophagus from reflux and no inflamation. She did culture staph aureus and was not sick at the time. Since I am a newbie, how often do people culture staph when healthy, and how often does a non cf'er culture staph? Docs don't explain these things very well.

She also had bipap titration done (co2 retention very high) and bipap helped so she's getting the machine. okay, thanks again! T

cbcmom

Here's an update. Pulmo sent us to ENT. He was about 90 yrs old, and never read our chart or physically examined my daughter. Never let me speak and asked three times who sent us there and why we were there. He said every resp. issue she has had since age 1 was reflux. Needless to say, bad visit. He ordered another ENT to do some scopes, biopsy, and cultures.

Just found out, no reflux damage to esophagus from reflux and no inflamation. She did culture staph aureus and was not sick at the time. Since I am a newbie, how often do people culture staph when healthy, and how often does a non cf'er culture staph? Docs don't explain these things very well.

She also had bipap titration done (co2 retention very high) and bipap helped so she's getting the machine. okay, thanks again! T

cbcmom

cbcmom

cbcmom

mom2lillian

Please also see the thread under families called cf dignaosis with 'normal' sweat test.

I say push and push yell kick and scream if you have to, get the answers that you need. Dont live with regrets like my mother has over not being 'forward' enough. She was raised in time and felt that doctors know and what can I do if they say all is ok? She tried a few times but nothign ever worked out so from then on it was kind of 'accepted' that I would have these rpobems. It was not until I took charge of my own health care that I got to be a real *&^*) about things and got diagnosed.

Here is my info:

1993: sweat tests 50, 50, 39, 34 no mutations

2001: 50, 56 1 mutation found

2003/4: 2nd mutation found

don't give up or take no for an answer if you believe in your heart somethign is wrong. Most of my problems are believed to be from the problems caused/complicated from not being diagnosed in a timely fashion

Nicole--diagnosed @21, finally

mom2lillian

Please also see the thread under families called cf dignaosis with 'normal' sweat test.

I say push and push yell kick and scream if you have to, get the answers that you need. Dont live with regrets like my mother has over not being 'forward' enough. She was raised in time and felt that doctors know and what can I do if they say all is ok? She tried a few times but nothign ever worked out so from then on it was kind of 'accepted' that I would have these rpobems. It was not until I took charge of my own health care that I got to be a real *&^*) about things and got diagnosed.

Here is my info:

don't give up or take no for an answer if you believe in your heart somethign is wrong. Most of my problems are believed to be from the problems caused/complicated from not being diagnosed in a timely fashion

mom2lillian

Here is my info:

mom2lillian

Here is my info:

mom2lillian

Here is my info: