Sweat Test Results are in!

Munkeesmama

I posted this in newly diagnosed and am cross posting here since it gets more traffic...

Not sure if anybody remembers me but I was here awhile back asking questions about my daughter. She has alot of g.i. issues, failure to thrive, has a g-tube (was a preemie so could be preemie related) she's 2 1/2. Anyways, her sweat test numbers were 19 and 22. I know these are considered normal, but they seem "high" to me from reading here. She also had genetic testing but they tested 100 genes (or right under 100) which i know is barely touching the surface. That test came back negative. With these sweat test numbers and the negative on the intial genetic testing would you feel comfortable calling CF ruled out? Or would you push for more testing. Also, anybody here have numbers in the high teens/low 20's and have CF or even have cf after the intial blood tests?

Munkeesmama

I posted this in newly diagnosed and am cross posting here since it gets more traffic...

Not sure if anybody remembers me but I was here awhile back asking questions about my daughter. She has alot of g.i. issues, failure to thrive, has a g-tube (was a preemie so could be preemie related) she's 2 1/2. Anyways, her sweat test numbers were 19 and 22. I know these are considered normal, but they seem "high" to me from reading here. She also had genetic testing but they tested 100 genes (or right under 100) which i know is barely touching the surface. That test came back negative. With these sweat test numbers and the negative on the intial genetic testing would you feel comfortable calling CF ruled out? Or would you push for more testing. Also, anybody here have numbers in the high teens/low 20's and have CF or even have cf after the intial blood tests?

Munkeesmama

Munkeesmama

Munkeesmama

<br />
<br />Not sure if anybody remembers me but I was here awhile back asking questions about my daughter. She has alot of g.i. issues, failure to thrive, has a g-tube (was a preemie so could be preemie related) she's 2 1/2. Anyways, her sweat test numbers were 19 and 22. I know these are considered normal, but they seem "high" to me from reading here. She also had genetic testing but they tested 100 genes (or right under 100) which i know is barely touching the surface. That test came back negative. With these sweat test numbers and the negative on the intial genetic testing would you feel comfortable calling CF ruled out? Or would you push for more testing. Also, anybody here have numbers in the high teens/low 20's and have CF or even have cf after the intial blood tests?

Tiffado

My daughter has CF. Genetically diagnosed with DF508 and R117H. Her sweat test results were 11 and 15. Normal.

Tiffado

My daughter has CF. Genetically diagnosed with DF508 and R117H. Her sweat test results were 11 and 15. Normal.

Tiffado

Tiffado

Tiffado