Teeth Grinding

ktsmom

Has anyone else heard of a connection between teeth grinding at night and sinus drainage?

Katy has been grinding her teeth at night lately. Today at her checkup the dentist said he could definitely see signs of wear on her teeth. He asked about allergy/hayfever type sinus drainage. She does have a clear runny nose and drainage occasionally and our CF doc prescribed Zyrtec. I don't use it every day, though, because her symptoms don't warrant it. But now, it looks like I'm going to add it as a daily med for awhile to see if it helps with the teeth grinding.

ktsmom

Has anyone else heard of a connection between teeth grinding at night and sinus drainage?

Katy has been grinding her teeth at night lately. Today at her checkup the dentist said he could definitely see signs of wear on her teeth. He asked about allergy/hayfever type sinus drainage. She does have a clear runny nose and drainage occasionally and our CF doc prescribed Zyrtec. I don't use it every day, though, because her symptoms don't warrant it. But now, it looks like I'm going to add it as a daily med for awhile to see if it helps with the teeth grinding.

ktsmom

ktsmom

ktsmom

pjspiegle

Thats interesting. I have never heard that before. I am curious about it though as I do have a lot of allergies and grind my teeth but would have never put the two together. Hummmm. You can also now buy teeth guards without a perscription at the drug store. If the allergy med doesn't work, you could try one of those, they do come in different sizes so they are fairly comfortable.
Interesting, now I have my curiousity up,

pjspiegle

Thats interesting. I have never heard that before. I am curious about it though as I do have a lot of allergies and grind my teeth but would have never put the two together. Hummmm. You can also now buy teeth guards without a perscription at the drug store. If the allergy med doesn't work, you could try one of those, they do come in different sizes so they are fairly comfortable.

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

mom4holly

Dana,

I am glad that you brought this up---Holly grinds her teeth something fierce at night. she wakes me up over the baby monitor with it. I don't know if the 2 go hand in hand but she also takes zyrtec for allergies & I don't give it every day as the directions state, maybe I will try & see if it helps!!!

mom4holly

Dana,

I am glad that you brought this up---Holly grinds her teeth something fierce at night. she wakes me up over the baby monitor with it. I don't know if the 2 go hand in hand but she also takes zyrtec for allergies & I don't give it every day as the directions state, maybe I will try & see if it helps!!!

mom4holly

Dana,

mom4holly

Dana,

mom4holly

Dana,

NoExcuses

careful of zyrtec. it can be drying (smack your doctor). use allergra instead - no anti-cholinergic properties with allergra.

stress can cause teeth grinding as can anti-depressants (don't know if Katy is on those).

NoExcuses

careful of zyrtec. it can be drying (smack your doctor). use allergra instead - no anti-cholinergic properties with allergra.

stress can cause teeth grinding as can anti-depressants (don't know if Katy is on those).

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses