Teeth Grinding

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I as a child/adult would grind my teeth. I also thought it was stress related. My son no CF used to grind his teeth as well, the sound was awful. I have not noticed Maggie grinding though. For Sammy, our dentist used some sealants on his teeth, so he wouldn't end up with the cavities I got as a child. Sammy said it didn't hurt.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I as a child/adult would grind my teeth. I also thought it was stress related. My son no CF used to grind his teeth as well, the sound was awful. I have not noticed Maggie grinding though. For Sammy, our dentist used some sealants on his teeth, so he wouldn't end up with the cavities I got as a child. Sammy said it didn't hurt.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

B

brewz2

I know for sure that when my daughter has any kind of drainage going on, she grinds her teeth a lot! Our dentist said the same thing about a year ago. Her teeth are definitely taking a beating. He suggested a mouth piece for night time that would help stop the wear. Of course at six years old, she wants nothing to do with it! She does take Zyrtec every night, 10mg, for allergies.

Tracey, mom to Sydney, 6 and Seth 2, w/cf

B

brewz2

I know for sure that when my daughter has any kind of drainage going on, she grinds her teeth a lot! Our dentist said the same thing about a year ago. Her teeth are definitely taking a beating. He suggested a mouth piece for night time that would help stop the wear. Of course at six years old, she wants nothing to do with it! She does take Zyrtec every night, 10mg, for allergies.

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

pjspiegle

Hi Again,

Now I am curious again as Nathan also takes Zrytec, is it a Zrytec thing? He also takes allegra in the morning and the zrytec at night. However, I have not noticed him grinding his teeth. Then again, he is older and has plenty of other issues that get most of my attention and i maybe just overlooking it.

I find this subject very interesting since this is the first I have heard about all this.

pjspiegle

Hi Again,

Now I am curious again as Nathan also takes Zrytec, is it a Zrytec thing? He also takes allegra in the morning and the zrytec at night. However, I have not noticed him grinding his teeth. Then again, he is older and has plenty of other issues that get most of my attention and i maybe just overlooking it.

I find this subject very interesting since this is the first I have heard about all this.

pjspiegle

Hi Again,

pjspiegle

Hi Again,

pjspiegle

Hi Again,

B

brewz2

I'm not really sure if Sydney grinds her teeth when she doesn't have any drainage going on, but I do know that if she's coughing a lot at night b/c of drainage, that's when I hear the major grinding going on. Every single time she coughs, I hear her teeth going. Now that I'm thinking of it, i'm gonna have her sleep with us tonight so I can find out if she does it on a regular basis.

tracey, mom to sydney, 6 and seth 2, both w/cf

B

brewz2

I'm not really sure if Sydney grinds her teeth when she doesn't have any drainage going on, but I do know that if she's coughing a lot at night b/c of drainage, that's when I hear the major grinding going on. Every single time she coughs, I hear her teeth going. Now that I'm thinking of it, i'm gonna have her sleep with us tonight so I can find out if she does it on a regular basis.

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2