Terminating pregnancy?

kclynn87

To be honest, you could decide to terminate the pregnancy of the child with CF, and then get pregnant again with a baby without CF. It is always a possibility for any person in this world to be stricken with some other disease. They could get cancer, diabetes I mean there are so many things. It is your choice, but if you feel that you could love that child unconditionally and be there as a great support system, then I know you could do it!

kclynn87

To be honest, you could decide to terminate the pregnancy of the child with CF, and then get pregnant again with a baby without CF. It is always a possibility for any person in this world to be stricken with some other disease. They could get cancer, diabetes I mean there are so many things. It is your choice, but if you feel that you could love that child unconditionally and be there as a great support system, then I know you could do it!

kclynn87

kclynn87

kclynn87

M

MissAlexsBP

Hello!

Almost anything that I would have said, has already been said =) But, I definitely think that it is a very personal decision that you and your husband must make. I'm 19 years old, and I have CF. Luckily, I have been able to live a relatively "normal" life. I go to college full time, I have a job where I work a few hours a week, I have a boyfriend who I've been with for over 2 years and I have met wondeful friends, so I'd like to think that the CF does not stop me much. I have pretty good grades, and luckily all of the teachers and staff have been very understanding about my frequent doctor appointments.
Sure, I have to go to the doctors alot and I have to get IV treatments every now and then, but that has not detered me.
I have extremly supportive parents, and I am blessed with the financial support as well. My parents have very good jobs so I am lucky to not necessarily have to "worry" about getting my meds. So, on top of CF itself, there is a financial component as well.
But, my friends have been very supportive, they come and visit me in the hospital, and we recently had a "65 Roses tattoo fundraiser" (I don't know how you feel about tattoos...) and most of my friends got roses to raise awareness of the disease.
Sure, sometimes things suck. I have to numerous breathing treatments, and IV's are not pleasent. But, I've gotten through them and I, on the whole, truly enjoy life; luckily, CF has not altered the quality of my life. And, although I was diagnosed at birth, and my parents had no idea what CF was when I was diagnosed with it, I am very glad that I am here, and I have not once blamed them. =)

Good luck with your choice! And, If you ever want to talk to someone who has CF feel free to send me a PM or e-mail me at theblackparade888@yahoo.com =)

M

MissAlexsBP

Hello!

Almost anything that I would have said, has already been said =) But, I definitely think that it is a very personal decision that you and your husband must make. I'm 19 years old, and I have CF. Luckily, I have been able to live a relatively "normal" life. I go to college full time, I have a job where I work a few hours a week, I have a boyfriend who I've been with for over 2 years and I have met wondeful friends, so I'd like to think that the CF does not stop me much. I have pretty good grades, and luckily all of the teachers and staff have been very understanding about my frequent doctor appointments.
Sure, I have to go to the doctors alot and I have to get IV treatments every now and then, but that has not detered me.
I have extremly supportive parents, and I am blessed with the financial support as well. My parents have very good jobs so I am lucky to not necessarily have to "worry" about getting my meds. So, on top of CF itself, there is a financial component as well.
But, my friends have been very supportive, they come and visit me in the hospital, and we recently had a "65 Roses tattoo fundraiser" (I don't know how you feel about tattoos...) and most of my friends got roses to raise awareness of the disease.
Sure, sometimes things suck. I have to numerous breathing treatments, and IV's are not pleasent. But, I've gotten through them and I, on the whole, truly enjoy life; luckily, CF has not altered the quality of my life. And, although I was diagnosed at birth, and my parents had no idea what CF was when I was diagnosed with it, I am very glad that I am here, and I have not once blamed them. =)

Good luck with your choice! And, If you ever want to talk to someone who has CF feel free to send me a PM or e-mail me at theblackparade888@yahoo.com =)

M

MissAlexsBP

Hello!

M

MissAlexsBP

Hello!

M

MissAlexsBP

Hello!
<br />
<br />Almost anything that I would have said, has already been said =) But, I definitely think that it is a very personal decision that you and your husband must make. I'm 19 years old, and I have CF. Luckily, I have been able to live a relatively "normal" life. I go to college full time, I have a job where I work a few hours a week, I have a boyfriend who I've been with for over 2 years and I have met wondeful friends, so I'd like to think that the CF does not stop me much. I have pretty good grades, and luckily all of the teachers and staff have been very understanding about my frequent doctor appointments.
<br />Sure, I have to go to the doctors alot and I have to get IV treatments every now and then, but that has not detered me.
<br />I have extremly supportive parents, and I am blessed with the financial support as well. My parents have very good jobs so I am lucky to not necessarily have to "worry" about getting my meds. So, on top of CF itself, there is a financial component as well.
<br />But, my friends have been very supportive, they come and visit me in the hospital, and we recently had a "65 Roses tattoo fundraiser" (I don't know how you feel about tattoos...) and most of my friends got roses to raise awareness of the disease.
<br />Sure, sometimes things suck. I have to numerous breathing treatments, and IV's are not pleasent. But, I've gotten through them and I, on the whole, truly enjoy life; luckily, CF has not altered the quality of my life. And, although I was diagnosed at birth, and my parents had no idea what CF was when I was diagnosed with it, I am very glad that I am here, and I have not once blamed them. =)
<br />
<br />Good luck with your choice! And, If you ever want to talk to someone who has CF feel free to send me a PM or e-mail me at theblackparade888@yahoo.com =)

Momtana

Debbie, You have a lot of information and sought good counsel about Cystic Fibrosis. My job as a health educator in a family planning clinic involves pregnancy options counseling. Some women/couples find it helpful to separate the decision making in this way: for one whole day imagine that you have made the choice to terminate your pregnancy - share and write down your thoughts, feelings, etc. The next day only consider that you will continue your pregnancy and again share and write down all that comes to you regarding this option during that day. Doing this may help your decision become clearer. Thinking of you and your husband - feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk.

Momtana

Debbie, You have a lot of information and sought good counsel about Cystic Fibrosis. My job as a health educator in a family planning clinic involves pregnancy options counseling. Some women/couples find it helpful to separate the decision making in this way: for one whole day imagine that you have made the choice to terminate your pregnancy - share and write down your thoughts, feelings, etc. The next day only consider that you will continue your pregnancy and again share and write down all that comes to you regarding this option during that day. Doing this may help your decision become clearer. Thinking of you and your husband - feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk.

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana

B

braydenzmom

i just wanted to let you know that you are SOOO not alone. im only 22 and i just had my 1st baby in november of 2007. my fiance and i found out through amnio when i was 21 weeks pregnant that our lil guy had CF. we had about 2 weeks to terminate legally in the state of florida. that same day, the doctor did an ultrasound, and clear as day my little man was sucking his thumb. terminate? i think not. finding out brayden had CF could quite possibly have been the worst day of my life. but i more recently experienced the BEST day of my life when i got to meet my son for the first time. he is truly an angel. i dont blame you for a second for considering all of your options. i know it was alot for us at the time. and we werent sure we would be able to handle it. emotionally, physically...FINANCIALLY. but now that hes here...there is NOTHING i would go back and change. when i look at my baby boy...i dont see CF. i just see my son. im sure theres a long, HARD road ahead of us. but who ever said life was easy? and by the way...i did my fair share of crying for about a good month or two after the diagnosis. a very good friend of mine (who has 3 children of her own) told me that the more i cry when im pregnant...the more my baby will cry once hes born. so i sucked it up, dried my eyes, and spent the last 4 months of my pregnancy doing all the research i possibly could. i found him a pediatrician and a pediatric pulmonologist at our local CF center and we met with everyone before he was even born. i felt much more comfortable after speaking with the doctors. theres no doubt raising a child with CF will be a challenge. but god never gives you more than you can handle. maybe theres a reason YOU were chosen to raise this little one. besides, your child will be just like every other kid in school...theyll just get alot more love and attention when they get home. and HEY...whats so wrong with that?!? i wish you all the best in whatever decision you decide to make. i was just in your shoes not too long ago...so if you ever need to talk. im here. we're all here. this website has been amazing and really helped me during the last few months of my pregnancy. there is TONS of wonderful people here. keep us informed. x0x0x

B

braydenzmom

i just wanted to let you know that you are SOOO not alone. im only 22 and i just had my 1st baby in november of 2007. my fiance and i found out through amnio when i was 21 weeks pregnant that our lil guy had CF. we had about 2 weeks to terminate legally in the state of florida. that same day, the doctor did an ultrasound, and clear as day my little man was sucking his thumb. terminate? i think not. finding out brayden had CF could quite possibly have been the worst day of my life. but i more recently experienced the BEST day of my life when i got to meet my son for the first time. he is truly an angel. i dont blame you for a second for considering all of your options. i know it was alot for us at the time. and we werent sure we would be able to handle it. emotionally, physically...FINANCIALLY. but now that hes here...there is NOTHING i would go back and change. when i look at my baby boy...i dont see CF. i just see my son. im sure theres a long, HARD road ahead of us. but who ever said life was easy? and by the way...i did my fair share of crying for about a good month or two after the diagnosis. a very good friend of mine (who has 3 children of her own) told me that the more i cry when im pregnant...the more my baby will cry once hes born. so i sucked it up, dried my eyes, and spent the last 4 months of my pregnancy doing all the research i possibly could. i found him a pediatrician and a pediatric pulmonologist at our local CF center and we met with everyone before he was even born. i felt much more comfortable after speaking with the doctors. theres no doubt raising a child with CF will be a challenge. but god never gives you more than you can handle. maybe theres a reason YOU were chosen to raise this little one. besides, your child will be just like every other kid in school...theyll just get alot more love and attention when they get home. and HEY...whats so wrong with that?!? i wish you all the best in whatever decision you decide to make. i was just in your shoes not too long ago...so if you ever need to talk. im here. we're all here. this website has been amazing and really helped me during the last few months of my pregnancy. there is TONS of wonderful people here. keep us informed. x0x0x

B

braydenzmom

B

braydenzmom

B

braydenzmom