THE CALL

fondreflections

We received a call last Tuesday for a 3 and 4 year old boys sibling group. We said, 'yes'.

Well, things are going absolutely terrible...They had previously been kicked out of 4 daycares so we knew beforehand that their behaviors surely weren't the best...

Well, the placement has been a nightmare...Neither listen at all for anything. My house has had more things broken in the past week then since the year we have been living here. Not to mention the fact, that the 3-year-old bits, kicks, and punches my everytime I try to place him in the corner for his misbehavior. It takes all my strength to get him in the corner...

So here I sit absolutely miserable...I have a fever of 101F along with a cough and major sore throat. I have also lost about 5 pounds because trying to eat is nearly impossible. Both my boxer and shih tzu are growling and ready to attack with either one of just upon entering the room because they are either tired of being chased or kicked...

This experience is a complete nightmare...I am crying all the time and completely overwhelmed. I also had 3 massive nosebleeds since last Wednesday...

All I ever wanted was to be a Mommy...Why was THAT so hard???

fondreflections

We received a call last Tuesday for a 3 and 4 year old boys sibling group. We said, 'yes'.

Well, things are going absolutely terrible...They had previously been kicked out of 4 daycares so we knew beforehand that their behaviors surely weren't the best...

Well, the placement has been a nightmare...Neither listen at all for anything. My house has had more things broken in the past week then since the year we have been living here. Not to mention the fact, that the 3-year-old bits, kicks, and punches my everytime I try to place him in the corner for his misbehavior. It takes all my strength to get him in the corner...

So here I sit absolutely miserable...I have a fever of 101F along with a cough and major sore throat. I have also lost about 5 pounds because trying to eat is nearly impossible. Both my boxer and shih tzu are growling and ready to attack with either one of just upon entering the room because they are either tired of being chased or kicked...

This experience is a complete nightmare...I am crying all the time and completely overwhelmed. I also had 3 massive nosebleeds since last Wednesday...

fondreflections

fondreflections

fondreflections

<br />
<br />Well, things are going absolutely terrible...They had previously been kicked out of 4 daycares so we knew beforehand that their behaviors surely weren't the best...
<br />
<br />Well, the placement has been a nightmare...Neither listen at all for anything. My house has had more things broken in the past week then since the year we have been living here. Not to mention the fact, that the 3-year-old bits, kicks, and punches my everytime I try to place him in the corner for his misbehavior. It takes all my strength to get him in the corner...
<br />
<br />So here I sit absolutely miserable...I have a fever of 101F along with a cough and major sore throat. I have also lost about 5 pounds because trying to eat is nearly impossible. Both my boxer and shih tzu are growling and ready to attack with either one of just upon entering the room because they are either tired of being chased or kicked...
<br />
<br />This experience is a complete nightmare...I am crying all the time and completely overwhelmed. I also had 3 massive nosebleeds since last Wednesday...
<br />
<br />All I ever wanted was to be a Mommy...Why was THAT so hard???

C

Cherylwithone

Jenny sorry to hear things are not going well. I would almost say they have bonding issues. It is a very hard age. If there is away to set boundries and reinforce them it may help. Iam sure they are very scared. Also try and get down to their eye level when talking to them. Another thing you might try is the louder they get the quiter you get. It will force them to listen. Iam sorry to hear your health is bad and Iam sure it has to do with the stress.
Hang in there. They just might surprise you. Iam not an expert on raising kids just a mom. Reinforce when they do something good. I know it is much harder to do these things. Keep in mind the reason you have them and not their parents. Most important of all just love them like there is no tomorrow.

Oh and if your health keeps getting worse then give them up. It will do neither of you guys anygood if your to sick to take care of them. (((HUGS)))

Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

C

Cherylwithone

Jenny sorry to hear things are not going well. I would almost say they have bonding issues. It is a very hard age. If there is away to set boundries and reinforce them it may help. Iam sure they are very scared. Also try and get down to their eye level when talking to them. Another thing you might try is the louder they get the quiter you get. It will force them to listen. Iam sorry to hear your health is bad and Iam sure it has to do with the stress.
Hang in there. They just might surprise you. Iam not an expert on raising kids just a mom. Reinforce when they do something good. I know it is much harder to do these things. Keep in mind the reason you have them and not their parents. Most important of all just love them like there is no tomorrow.

Oh and if your health keeps getting worse then give them up. It will do neither of you guys anygood if your to sick to take care of them. (((HUGS)))

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />Hang in there. They just might surprise you. Iam not an expert on raising kids just a mom. Reinforce when they do something good. I know it is much harder to do these things. Keep in mind the reason you have them and not their parents. Most important of all just love them like there is no tomorrow.
<br />
<br />Oh and if your health keeps getting worse then give them up. It will do neither of you guys anygood if your to sick to take care of them. (((HUGS)))
<br />
<br />Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

hbollotte

i'd give them a spank. i don't think putting them in the corner will do anything. i believe in spanking. my sister has a wooden spoon she uses for her 4 and 6 year old and it works well. she also puts a drop on tabasco on their tounge if they say a bad word or are sassy. i know we are hateful, but her girls are so well behaved and polite. we don't abuse our children i promise. morgan just turned one and i've had to pop her for biting and doing things she isn't supposed to and she listens now.

i know spankings didn't phase me when i was little. one time i was jumping from the couch to the coffee table and my dad spanked me and i looked at him and said "don't you ever hit me that hard again" i was only 3.

everything will work out. get your husband on them, if they won't lsten to you. you're the boss and let them know that.

hbollotte

i'd give them a spank. i don't think putting them in the corner will do anything. i believe in spanking. my sister has a wooden spoon she uses for her 4 and 6 year old and it works well. she also puts a drop on tabasco on their tounge if they say a bad word or are sassy. i know we are hateful, but her girls are so well behaved and polite. we don't abuse our children i promise. morgan just turned one and i've had to pop her for biting and doing things she isn't supposed to and she listens now.

i know spankings didn't phase me when i was little. one time i was jumping from the couch to the coffee table and my dad spanked me and i looked at him and said "don't you ever hit me that hard again" i was only 3.

everything will work out. get your husband on them, if they won't lsten to you. you're the boss and let them know that.

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte

<br />
<br />i know spankings didn't phase me when i was little. one time i was jumping from the couch to the coffee table and my dad spanked me and i looked at him and said "don't you ever hit me that hard again" i was only 3.
<br />
<br />everything will work out. get your husband on them, if they won't lsten to you. you're the boss and let them know that.