The Sweet And The Sour...

just1more

The 'generic' issue is a biggie for enzymes, something more normal like Zantac or vitamins should be ok.

Enzymes have a shelf life and also can vary between brands. The purpose of insisting on brand name is that there are some who have reported less benefit from generics, even though they are technically the same.

We have never had an issue with our pharmacy so I'm thinking while this warning is out there, I can't think there is much demand for generics reducing the likelihood someone would get them.

just1more

The 'generic' issue is a biggie for enzymes, something more normal like Zantac or vitamins should be ok.

Enzymes have a shelf life and also can vary between brands. The purpose of insisting on brand name is that there are some who have reported less benefit from generics, even though they are technically the same.

We have never had an issue with our pharmacy so I'm thinking while this warning is out there, I can't think there is much demand for generics reducing the likelihood someone would get them.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />Enzymes have a shelf life and also can vary between brands. The purpose of insisting on brand name is that there are some who have reported less benefit from generics, even though they are technically the same.
<br />
<br />We have never had an issue with our pharmacy so I'm thinking while this warning is out there, I can't think there is much demand for generics reducing the likelihood someone would get them.

JazzysMom

I think Tom did an excellent job of covering things. As to the generic...usually it is the enzymes that should not be.

I recently had to be switched from Nexium to a generic form because of insurance purposes. The doctor had no issues with the change.

Welcome Aboard!

JazzysMom

I think Tom did an excellent job of covering things. As to the generic...usually it is the enzymes that should not be.

I recently had to be switched from Nexium to a generic form because of insurance purposes. The doctor had no issues with the change.

Welcome Aboard!

JazzysMom

Welcome Aboard!

JazzysMom

Welcome Aboard!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I recently had to be switched from Nexium to a generic form because of insurance purposes. The doctor had no issues with the change.
<br />
<br />Welcome Aboard!