The Synagis shot?

S

shazie81

My son's predication recommended he get this shot because he was 3 week's early and him having CF. Does anyone know about this shot or has gotten it?

S

shazie81

My son's predication recommended he get this shot because he was 3 week's early and him having CF. Does anyone know about this shot or has gotten it?

S

shazie81

S

shazie81

S

shazie81

<br />

jimiv

My son got the Synagis shot for 5 years to vaccinate himself from RSV. He really did not like the shot. The insurance company refused to pay for the shot because they did not think it was medically necessary. Parker did not get RSV. I will assume that it helped. I trust his doctor and that helps me trust this.

jimiv

My son got the Synagis shot for 5 years to vaccinate himself from RSV. He really did not like the shot. The insurance company refused to pay for the shot because they did not think it was medically necessary. Parker did not get RSV. I will assume that it helped. I trust his doctor and that helps me trust this.

jimiv

jimiv

jimiv

M

Mommafirst

My dd was born in January 2006. We were approved for the following winter for Synagis monthly through the RSV season. Our insurance covered the whole thing, including a home nurse who came to weight her and give her the shot. I was thrilled that our insurance covered it because those suckers are pricey (like $3000 a month -- yes thousand).

I definitely think it was worthwhile. RSV can have long lasting effects on the lungs.

M

Mommafirst

My dd was born in January 2006. We were approved for the following winter for Synagis monthly through the RSV season. Our insurance covered the whole thing, including a home nurse who came to weight her and give her the shot. I was thrilled that our insurance covered it because those suckers are pricey (like $3000 a month -- yes thousand).

I definitely think it was worthwhile. RSV can have long lasting effects on the lungs.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />I definitely think it was worthwhile. RSV can have long lasting effects on the lungs.

MargaritaChic

Our CF Clinic sent us a letter last week saying they want Emma to get the shot monthly (Fall through Spring). THe letter said the CF pharmacy or Walgreens pharmacy would be contacting me.

Has anyone given the shot to their child themselves?

I give myself B12 shots monthly, so I think I should be able to give this to Emma, but I would like training first.

MargaritaChic

Our CF Clinic sent us a letter last week saying they want Emma to get the shot monthly (Fall through Spring). THe letter said the CF pharmacy or Walgreens pharmacy would be contacting me.

I give myself B12 shots monthly, so I think I should be able to give this to Emma, but I would like training first.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />Has anyone given the shot to their child themselves?
<br />
<br />I give myself B12 shots monthly, so I think I should be able to give this to Emma, but I would like training first.