The Synagis shot?

shimmereestar

We got the synagis all winter last year. It was Ellie's first winter. They just did it at the doctor's office. (Her pulm) We did have to go monthly, but definitely worth it.

shimmereestar

We got the synagis all winter last year. It was Ellie's first winter. They just did it at the doctor's office. (Her pulm) We did have to go monthly, but definitely worth it.

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

S

sdelorenzo

Both my son and daughter got the synagis shot for 3 winters. They didn't have any problems.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

Both my son and daughter got the synagis shot for 3 winters. They didn't have any problems.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

MargaritaChic

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ratatosk</b></i>

Marla, it seems strange that the clinic would suggest doing it yourself, because I thought it was more cost effective, efficient to go to a major clinic where there are more patients. We'd asked if our neighborhood clinic could do it and we were told because he was the only infant at the time in our City, they didn't carry the vaccine and we'd have to drive 20 minutes into the downtown to the main peds clinic.</end quote></div>

I called our CF clinic yesterday because I was starting to worry about this.
The nurse told me that many insurance companies deny the shot because they do not have CF on their list of illnesses affecting the lung. She said the clinic is used to this and have gotten very good at persuading the insurance company to reconsider.

Also, she told me that (monthly) someone would either come to our home or we would go to Emma's Pediatric Clinic to recieve the shot.

So I feel much better!

MargaritaChic

Marla, it seems strange that the clinic would suggest doing it yourself, because I thought it was more cost effective, efficient to go to a major clinic where there are more patients. We'd asked if our neighborhood clinic could do it and we were told because he was the only infant at the time in our City, they didn't carry the vaccine and we'd have to drive 20 minutes into the downtown to the main peds clinic.</end quote></div>

The nurse told me that many insurance companies deny the shot because they do not have CF on their list of illnesses affecting the lung. She said the clinic is used to this and have gotten very good at persuading the insurance company to reconsider.

Also, she told me that (monthly) someone would either come to our home or we would go to Emma's Pediatric Clinic to recieve the shot.

So I feel much better!

MargaritaChic

So I feel much better!

MargaritaChic

Marla, it seems strange that the clinic would suggest doing it yourself, because I thought it was more cost effective, efficient to go to a major clinic where there are more patients. We'd asked if our neighborhood clinic could do it and we were told because he was the only infant at the time in our City, they didn't carry the vaccine and we'd have to drive 20 minutes into the downtown to the main peds clinic.</end quote>

So I feel much better!

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />Marla, it seems strange that the clinic would suggest doing it yourself, because I thought it was more cost effective, efficient to go to a major clinic where there are more patients. We'd asked if our neighborhood clinic could do it and we were told because he was the only infant at the time in our City, they didn't carry the vaccine and we'd have to drive 20 minutes into the downtown to the main peds clinic.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />I called our CF clinic yesterday because I was starting to worry about this.
<br />The nurse told me that many insurance companies deny the shot because they do not have CF on their list of illnesses affecting the lung. She said the clinic is used to this and have gotten very good at persuading the insurance company to reconsider.
<br />
<br />Also, she told me that (monthly) someone would either come to our home or we would go to Emma's Pediatric Clinic to recieve the shot.
<br />
<br />So I feel much better!
<br />
<br />