The Vest Frequency & Pressure for children

datca1994

Hello,

My 2.5 year old son has been using the Hillrom brand Vest since September '08 at a Frequency of 12 and a Pressure of 3. His weight is 12.3 kilos (about 27.5 lbs) and height is 90 centimeters (about 3 feet).

How and when did your or your child's vest frequency & pressure increase?

I look forward to your replies!

April

datca1994

Hello,

My 2.5 year old son has been using the Hillrom brand Vest since September '08 at a Frequency of 12 and a Pressure of 3. His weight is 12.3 kilos (about 27.5 lbs) and height is 90 centimeters (about 3 feet).

April

datca1994

Hello,

April

datca1994

Hello,

April

datca1994

Hello,
<br />
<br />My 2.5 year old son has been using the Hillrom brand Vest since September '08 at a Frequency of 12 and a Pressure of 3. His weight is 12.3 kilos (about 27.5 lbs) and height is 90 centimeters (about 3 feet).
<br />
<br />How and when did your or your child's vest frequency & pressure increase?
<br />
<br />I look forward to your replies!
<br />
<br />April
<br />

M

Mommafirst

You need to vary the frequency, but keep the rest the same. This allows for different sized airways to be helped. Our RT said to start slower, to get to the larger airways and build to faster to get the smaller airways.

We do 7 frequency at 3 pressure for 10 minutes.
then 8 frequency at 3 pressure for 10 minutes.
and 9 frequency at 3 pressure for 10 minutes.

I would defiitely call your respiratory therapist to see if they have a different plan for your son. My daughter is 3 and weighs about the same as your son.

M

Mommafirst

You need to vary the frequency, but keep the rest the same. This allows for different sized airways to be helped. Our RT said to start slower, to get to the larger airways and build to faster to get the smaller airways.

I would defiitely call your respiratory therapist to see if they have a different plan for your son. My daughter is 3 and weighs about the same as your son.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />We do 7 frequency at 3 pressure for 10 minutes.
<br />then 8 frequency at 3 pressure for 10 minutes.
<br />and 9 frequency at 3 pressure for 10 minutes.
<br />
<br />I would defiitely call your respiratory therapist to see if they have a different plan for your son. My daughter is 3 and weighs about the same as your son.
<br />
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS got his vest when he was 3. We started with a pressure of 5 and frequency of 10,12 & 14 for 15 minutes.

We gradually increased the pressure over a period of several weeks until we reached the highest -- 10. We also increased the time from 15 minutes to 30 minutes -- 3 times a day with the same frequency settings. Usually start at 14 and decrease frequency.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS got his vest when he was 3. We started with a pressure of 5 and frequency of 10,12 & 14 for 15 minutes.

We gradually increased the pressure over a period of several weeks until we reached the highest -- 10. We also increased the time from 15 minutes to 30 minutes -- 3 times a day with the same frequency settings. Usually start at 14 and decrease frequency.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We gradually increased the pressure over a period of several weeks until we reached the highest -- 10. We also increased the time from 15 minutes to 30 minutes -- 3 times a day with the same frequency settings. Usually start at 14 and decrease frequency.

MOME2RT

Reece is 6...he got the vest when he was about 1 1/2. I think the frequency was at 9 & pressure was at 4. And he did it for about 20 min.

Today the frequency is at 12 & pressure is at 5..he does it for 20-30min 3x a day.

MOME2RT

Reece is 6...he got the vest when he was about 1 1/2. I think the frequency was at 9 & pressure was at 4. And he did it for about 20 min.

Today the frequency is at 12 & pressure is at 5..he does it for 20-30min 3x a day.

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

<br />
<br />Today the frequency is at 12 & pressure is at 5..he does it for 20-30min 3x a day.
<br />