THIS IS ABOUT MALES

anonymous

Miss Know-it-all??? Are you kidding?

There are a wealth of people on this forum that have benifited from Julie's posts, and I can't imagine why you would be upset about that. I don't believe she has ever passed herself off as a medical expert, she has just (very) kindly taken time to answer posts from people. There are a lot of helpful people on this forum, but I believe Julie is especially generous with her time.

Thank you, Julie, for always being so willing to share your knowledge and experience!

-- Jenica

Emily65Roses

I also think the phrasing of Tigger's question was a bit curt. It's not the end of the world, but maybe it should be brought to his/her attention that they might want to more carefully phrase questions later on. Sometimes I say rude things that I don't even know are rude until after I've said them and someone has pointed out to me "Hey that's rude." Sometimes you just need someone else to go HEY!

As for Julie... I most certainly have not gotten along with her in the past (though I think it was something like 2 years ago). We get along fine now for several reasons. We know each other better, we read more of each other's posts than we had previously, so we got a feel for each other. I know she's here because Mark has CF and she has personal real reasons for being here and trying to help. And since that time years ago, we have always brought it to each other's attention when one of us has a problem with the other. We tell what gives, why X bothered us, and then *get this, it's such an amazing idea* we... sign our names! So we know who's saying what to who. So we can directly address any problems that arise. So said problems can be talked through, and/or fixed. Then you can move on. But it really helps to move on... if you know who you're talking to. So please, if you're going to regress to second grade name-calling (I was almost expecting to see "butthead" in there somewhere), at least leave your name.

anonymous

Thanks Emily, I am really glad that both of us got over that incident a long while ago because you have shared a lot with me on this board and I really reading your posts and hearing what you have to say.
Jenica, thank you as well for your appreciation. It is nice to hear these things and I enjoy learning and hearing from you as well.

Take care,

Julie

UKBASEDJON

Hi All

I believe the percentages are a debatable issue but perhaps not the main one. The point perhaps is that as CF men grow older the thought of having children will enter their minds. And at this time the emotional pain of finding out that it is at the least very very difficult to have children is the more important aspect not the science that lies beneath it.

I know many CF men who have had children using the sperm extraction method, I do know CF men who have fathered children naturally, it does happen. Some believe that some mutations of the CF gene don't carry this problem. Some men only find out they have mild CF because they have trouble fathering children and the only symptom seems to be a fertility issue.

I guess its just one more hurdle we have to jump over with having CF

As a matter of interest does anyone know if the Vas Deferens can be replaced in a surgical procedure? Kind of like reversing a vasectomy I guess. How difficult would this be? And I wonder are there other medical conditions where this problem with the Vas Deferens exists?

Regards

Jon