Thumping in eardrums

Breezy

Last month, roughly 4 weeks ago, I began Zithromax. I do feel slightly better but not incredibly. About 2 days ago I noticed my ear drums began feeling like they were 'thumping'. Has anyone else experienced this? It's kind of a popping/thumping sensation and it happens rather erradically.

I googled it and discovered it could be something called myoclusis (sp?)which is just a spasm of the ear drum and the muscles around, or something else where there's a sensitivity to sound. Either way it's uncomfortable and i'm pretty sure it's attributed to the Zithro. I also noticed i developed something on my actual eyeball that resembles a sty, but i can't be sure. I'll most likely discontinue the Zithro b/c i already have sensoneurial hearing loss b/c of antibiotics. My doc says no harm would be caused by discontinuing it.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Do you think it's Zithro who's most likely the culprit? Thanx!

Breezy

Last month, roughly 4 weeks ago, I began Zithromax. I do feel slightly better but not incredibly. About 2 days ago I noticed my ear drums began feeling like they were 'thumping'. Has anyone else experienced this? It's kind of a popping/thumping sensation and it happens rather erradically.

I googled it and discovered it could be something called myoclusis (sp?)which is just a spasm of the ear drum and the muscles around, or something else where there's a sensitivity to sound. Either way it's uncomfortable and i'm pretty sure it's attributed to the Zithro. I also noticed i developed something on my actual eyeball that resembles a sty, but i can't be sure. I'll most likely discontinue the Zithro b/c i already have sensoneurial hearing loss b/c of antibiotics. My doc says no harm would be caused by discontinuing it.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Do you think it's Zithro who's most likely the culprit? Thanx!

Breezy

Breezy

Breezy

JazzysMom

At first I thought you were referring to like your heart being so hard/fast that you heard in the eardrums because I get that when I am too SOB with no O2.

I did have a few times although its been awhile where it felt like something popped/moved in my ear. It hurt like hell when it happened, but then I heard better. I "assumed" it was wax moving or sinuses clearing. Cant recall what meds I was on at the time.

If in doubt go off especially since you have an ok from your doctor.....

JazzysMom

At first I thought you were referring to like your heart being so hard/fast that you heard in the eardrums because I get that when I am too SOB with no O2.

I did have a few times although its been awhile where it felt like something popped/moved in my ear. It hurt like hell when it happened, but then I heard better. I "assumed" it was wax moving or sinuses clearing. Cant recall what meds I was on at the time.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Diane

yep i know exactly what you are talking about. It alsmot sounds like a bubble is trying to pop and just thumps a few times instead. Its a rather odd sound and sensation. I have had this for years and im not even on Zithromax so i dont know about the Zithromax being the cause.

Diane

yep i know exactly what you are talking about. It alsmot sounds like a bubble is trying to pop and just thumps a few times instead. Its a rather odd sound and sensation. I have had this for years and im not even on Zithromax so i dont know about the Zithromax being the cause.

Diane

Diane

Diane

M

MCGrad2006

YES....and thats a great way to describe....b/c its not like a real popping, but its like air is moving around or something...prob abx

M

MCGrad2006

YES....and thats a great way to describe....b/c its not like a real popping, but its like air is moving around or something...prob abx

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006