Thyroid problems anyone?

sarabeth87

I'm not sure what my actual numbers were, but I go back on the 24th so maybe I will find something out then. I just had my annual labs and they did the A1C I think.?.? My brother has CFRD but they've never said anything about my results and they are checked every year. I also don't have too much trouble gaining weight. I'm 5'4" and my weight fluctuates between 130 & 138 most of the time so I don't think I have CFRD.

sarabeth87

I'm not sure what my actual numbers were, but I go back on the 24th so maybe I will find something out then. I just had my annual labs and they did the A1C I think.?.? My brother has CFRD but they've never said anything about my results and they are checked every year. I also don't have too much trouble gaining weight. I'm 5'4" and my weight fluctuates between 130 & 138 most of the time so I don't think I have CFRD.

bluebelle

Sounds to me that hypothyroidism may be another CF-related complication. My 15 yr old dd has been taking Synthroid for a couple of years now.

bluebelle

Sounds to me that hypothyroidism may be another CF-related complication. My 15 yr old dd has been taking Synthroid for a couple of years now.

bluebelle

C

Cherylwithone

I would say your TSH levels are low. If you want to sleep all the time and are always cold those are red flags. They can treat the levels with Levothyroxin.

C

Cherylwithone

I would say your TSH levels are low. If you want to sleep all the time and are always cold those are red flags. They can treat the levels with Levothyroxin.

C

Cherylwithone

RitaLSonnenberg

I am on synthroid for my thyroid. Is there a connection between thyroid and CF? I also have a mass attached to my tailbone that they have yet to let me know if it is malignant or benign but is the size of a man's fist. Is there a connection between CF and rectal cancer?

RitaLSonnenberg

I am on synthroid for my thyroid. Is there a connection between thyroid and CF? I also have a mass attached to my tailbone that they have yet to let me know if it is malignant or benign but is the size of a man's fist. Is there a connection between CF and rectal cancer?

RitaLSonnenberg

rhonda21

going to check my daughters soon shes 24 w cf and all of these symptoms are hers too but she is very thin..

rhonda21

going to check my daughters soon shes 24 w cf and all of these symptoms are hers too but she is very thin..

rhonda21

Epona

Wow, I am so glad I read this thread! I have been having all of these symptoms for the last two months. I have always had good energy, but recently it is hard for me to walk up the stairs, and sometimes I feel like I can't get out of my chair! My doc said my last thyroid reading was normal, but I insisted she check it again. We'll see what the results are like. Other symptoms include mental fogginess (I can't seem to remember anything), no menstration, and accumulation of fat around my middle. If it's not hypothyroidism, I'm going to ask her to check for hypopituitarism, or lack of hormones in general. I am glad to know that a "normal" thyroid level is relative. An endocrinologist would know best. Maybe I'll ask for a consult when I'm inpatient next week.

Epona

Wow, I am so glad I read this thread! I have been having all of these symptoms for the last two months. I have always had good energy, but recently it is hard for me to walk up the stairs, and sometimes I feel like I can't get out of my chair! My doc said my last thyroid reading was normal, but I insisted she check it again. We'll see what the results are like. Other symptoms include mental fogginess (I can't seem to remember anything), no menstration, and accumulation of fat around my middle. If it's not hypothyroidism, I'm going to ask her to check for hypopituitarism, or lack of hormones in general. I am glad to know that a "normal" thyroid level is relative. An endocrinologist would know best. Maybe I'll ask for a consult when I'm inpatient next week.

Epona

rubyroselee

I have my thyroid checked regularly due to the fact that it's quite enlarged. So far though, my number have stayed normal.

rubyroselee

I have my thyroid checked regularly due to the fact that it's quite enlarged. So far though, my number have stayed normal.

rubyroselee